Customer Service 866.965.0400

Some views of my new (part time) Tenn home

Memphis Senior

Spring City Tenn. Pop 2200. Six blocks long, 1 McDonnell's,

(just opened 4 years ago) 1 Hardee's/Carl's Jr, and 2 traffic lights.

They just installed the 2nd one this summer. Watts Bar Lake in the background.

WattsBarLake.jpg

My new home, not huge at 1800 sq ft, but big enough for two 70+ year olds.

I have 2.5 acres and am hoping to acquire the now empty lots on either side of me for a total of about 8 acres.

MyTennHome-1.jpg

The view from my front porch. (The biggest reason I bought the place.)

Spring2009.jpg

Sunrise and sunset from my front porch.

Sunrise22009.jpg

SunsetSpring2009.jpg

Woke up one morning to find these guys grazing on my front lawn.

Someone had left the gate to the pasture open, about 1/4-1/2 mile away

and they decided the grass on my lawn looked greener I guess.

It's one of the things I love about the place.

I never know what I'm going to see when I look out of my living room window.

I've seen rabbits, squirrels and various other "critters" I can't yet identify running around my place.

Neighbors.jpg

Earlier in the spring the bird house had a family of birds. Mom, dad and 3 chicks.

Sorry, I don't know what kind. I'm a big city boy and the only birds I saw growing up were pigeons.

I got myself a book and hopefully in a few years I'll be able to identify the various species.

HorsesBirds.jpg

Next 3 photos are a doe and her 2 fawns.

I was hoping they would get closer together so I could get a "family shot" but no luck.

They're a bit fuzzy because I had to shoot the photo through my living room window.

If I had opened the front door they would probably have bolted.

Fawn2.jpg

Fawn.jpg

Mama.jpg

Finally a day on the lake. I didn't catch a single fish. :(

But as we use to say when I lived in New York and was a Mets fan. Wait till next year. :lol::lol:

Onthelake-1.jpg

That's awesome, I'd like to live in the country eventually. There's only so many years i can take seeing buildings and sniffing bus exhaust fumes lol

I understand completely Jeff. I grew up in NYC myself. Brooklyn, Queens and eventually L.I. when I got married.

I saw the smoky mountains of eastern Tenn for the first time when I was 17. (1955)

I promised myself then that someday I would retire there.

It only took me 70 years to get here. :lolsmack::lolsmack:

If you start saving (investing) now you could probably make it by 50-55.

Edited by Memphis Senior

Great pictures Nick, thanks for sharing.

I love that area (east. Tenn/west. North Carolina), great scenery - mountains, waterfalls, foliage. And lots of things to do if you like the outdoors. We went whitewater rafting on the Nolichucky river, north of Ashville, last summer - the best fun I've had in a long time!

Looks awesome! My parents bought a summer place on a lake in 2004 that our whole family enjoys all summer long. It's great!

As for the horses... They look a bit under fed IMO. The one with the black mane looks WAY under fed.

Maybe it's just the pictures...

Chris

Looks awesome! My parents bought a summer place on a lake in 2004 that our whole family enjoys all summer long. It's great!

As for the horses... They look a bit under fed IMO. The one with the black mane looks WAY under fed.

Maybe it's just the pictures...

Chris

Being a big city boy myself Chris, I don't know if they were under fed or not. They seemed to be happy just grazing on my lawn.

The only horses I saw growing up were the ones in western movies. You know, Trigger, Champion, etc.

I do know the one with the black main is a VERY old horse.

When the owner finally came to herd them back to where they belonged he told me that one was old.

I don't remember his age though. Both however were very friendly.

They weren't at all bothered by my taking their picture.

After I did I went over and petted them both and they seemed to like that.

Great pictures. I love that part of the country. The wife and I were in Gatlinburg in the beginning of Sept. Where in Tenn. is that.

Gatlinburg is in the foothills of the Smoky mtns in eastern Tenn. It's about 50 miles or so southeast of Knoxville. Spring City, where I live is on Watts Bar Lake. About 50 miles or so southwest of Knoxville. Hope that helps.