Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which Wax Lasts the Longest?

tjcin

Question

It's so easy to apply a coat of APW by hand that I see no reason to use a PC unless you're doing an RV or large boat with it.

APW doesn't need to be worked into the finish. It's really just a coating so straight back and forth motions are the way to go IMO.

My plan before winter is a coat of MSW, and a coat or two of Americana over that. Lets see if it happens though. CRAP it's cold out!:mad:

Chris

You are not lying. I'm hoping it will be nice this weekend so I can give my truck a good once over before the snow and ice start flying.

While washing my truck today I noticed how well the Americana has held up. It's been at least 2 months since I put it on and it still beads and looks as good as the day I put it on :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

I think I'll throw another coat on now and see if it will last all winter :D:D:D

Nice PhotoGallery C6BILL, where did you get that cart? Looks like something I want.

While it does look good I found after a few uses it really just gets in the way. It is too tall when sitting on it for polishing a sports car but is comfortable for doing the truck. Can't remember where I got it but I think there are a bunch of sites that sell them.

My brother came to me complaining that Americana doesn't last and that he's going back to his Wolfgang Sealant. I informed him on the differences and that Adams has a sealant as well which I offered him to use.

What I determined (and have seen myself) is that the Adams soap makes the water sheet off and not bead. Not sure why but it does. I think that was his issue.

Anyway... That's my story

Chris

My brother came to me complaining that Americana doesn't last and that he's going back to his Wolfgang Sealant. I informed him on the differences and that Adams has a sealant as well which I offered him to use.

What I determined (and have seen myself) is that the Adams soap makes the water sheet off and not bead. Not sure why but it does. I think that was his issue.

Anyway... That's my story

Chris

Chris I agree 100%. I don't see how he could see any durability problems as I've had my Americana on since it came out on my Mustang and it still sheets water off. BUT my car is garaged quite a bit of the time.

Chris I agree 100%. I don't see how he could see any durability problems as I've had my Americana on since it came out on my Mustang and it still sheets water off. BUT my car is garaged quite a bit of the time.

Yeah, his is a DD. I wonder if color makes a difference for longevity.

Black gets DANM hot so does it cook it off faster?

So how long would you say BW wax lasts? Provided the vehicle isn't rained on and just gets dusty from daily use. How would you be able to tell if a car still has wax on it regardless of what sort of wax it is? Thanks for the help!

So how long would you say BW wax lasts? Provided the vehicle isn't rained on and just gets dusty from daily use. How would you be able to tell if a car still has wax on it regardless of what sort of wax it is? Thanks for the help!

That's kind of a hard question. Depends. Depends on what your weather conditions are where you are and how often you wash your car. I add the Brilliant Spray Glaze on top of my Buttery Wax, so I might get longer use from it than you do.

About all you can do is apply it and try it and see if you're happy with your results. I've been very happy with both the Buttery and the Americana Waxes. :2thumbs: