Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's CABC Atlanta Experience!!!

Junkman2008

That's right boys and girls, the Junkman lit it up again with all the fixin's in Hotlanta! It lived up to it's name and the turn out was great as usual! I had a hell of a good time and my extra curricular activity pretty much left me exhausted by Saturday morning! :D

For those of you who do not know about Corvettes Against Breast Cancer (CABC), here's a blurb from their website:

Corvettes Against Breast Cancer (CABC) is an annually Breast Cancer event produced by Corvettes Serving America Foundation (CSA Foundation), a non-profit 501 © (3) corporation. Our primary purpose is to link sports car enthusiast with activities that promote the awareness and prevention of cancer and other diseases (this event is Breast Cancer). Funds raised are donated to local and national charitable organizations. Giving Back is the mission of CSA Foundation.

So now that you know what it is, allow me to show you how I spent the trip in pictures, as I always do. The main reason I leave my home this time of the year is because my street is taken over by one of the biggest art shows in the world. I cannot park anywhere close to my house, much less my driveway or in my garage. Last year, over 150,000 people crammed their way down my street to take part in the show which last the entire weekend. I have to be out of my garage by Thursday morning or I'm trapped for the weekend.

So, off to the road I went. One of the nicest things about traveling in the Kentucky/Tennessee area is how scenic the road is. I find myself just enjoying being on the freeway. Once these trees start turning colors, the view is pretty sweet.

cabc25.jpg

When ever I drive south, I have to go past the birth place of our beloved Corvettes. I decided to stop in and get some detailed pictures for those of you who have never visited. First of all, we have our own parking!

cabc8.jpg

Here's the entrance to the museum...

cabc9.jpg

The museum is surrounded by dedication bricks that you can buy and have engraved. You could read them for days and you would be surprised at who has bought a brick.

cabc11.jpg

cabc12.jpg

Check out this one!

cabc13.jpg

Inside the museum, there is a area called the nursery. It is where they store the Corvettes that are waiting on a museum delivery. There were 3 ZR-1's ($100,000 +) in the nursery. Tell me GM ain't making any money off Corvette sales!

cabc16.jpg

A nice Grand Sport.

cabc15.jpg

This Grand Sport just got its fender stripes when I arrived.

cabc17.jpg

A gorgeous black ZR-1.

cabc18.jpg

As one of the museum employees parked that red Grand Sport in the nursery, I commented that someone had left a palm print on the fender that was big enough to pull DNA from. The employee got a real good chuckle out of that because he just happened to be the museum detail guy. After I told him who I was, he took me back into the work area and showed me where and how they prepared the cars. That was cool!

More ZR-1's awaiting a detail!

cabc19.jpg

cabc20.jpg

Needless to say, his work area is a lot nicer than mine!

Here are a few more shots from inside the museum.

cabc14.jpg

cabc21.jpg

cabc22.jpg

One thing that you will see plenty of once you get into the Tennessee mountains are a bunch of fireworks outlets. They love blowing up stuff in Tennessee.

:lol:

cabc23a.jpg

cabc23b.jpg

I went inside that store and asked them for the biggest, baddest firework that they sold. The guy takes me to the back of the store and showed me this:

cabc24.jpg

Needless to say, I was sold! Can't wait to light up the skies with these monsters next year! :D

Well, back on the road again...

cabc7.jpg

Once I got to Hotlanta, I spent the day cleaning up the car and then I hit the town. I got flagged down by some serious hotness looking for directions. Needless to say, my night of cruising was over. We'll pick up this story in the morning. Good Lord I love Atlanta!!! :D :D :D

cabc26.jpg

I slept half the day away Saturday until DC forum member Will rang my phone and said he was 30 minutes outside Atlanta (from Louisville) and coming fast! I got up and got dressed, Met Will and headed out to find us some camera mounts for our camcorders. I wasn't going to do the "tripod stuck behind the seats" trick that I did last year. We went to a pretty fancy camera store and after trying every kind of configuration that they had, we ended up going with this setup:

cabc6.jpg

cabc36.jpg

cabc37.jpg

The suction cup on this thing is pump controlled and once it seals, it ain't coming off. It was the sweetest $132 bucks I spent all weekend!

Next, we headed down to the track. You have to stop at the entrance and do that photo op thing so that's what we did.

Here's Will...

cabc27.jpg

...and of course, yours truly.

cabc28.jpg

Rolling into AMS is a pretty breath taking experience. This place is huge! :rockon:

cabc0.jpg

We stopped for another photo op in the staging area just before hitting the track. The turn out was really good! The Viper guys were "standoffish" as usual but that didn't stop us from having a blast. We outnumbered them about 20-1!

cabc29.jpg

cabc30.jpg

Notice, I was representin' DC! :rockon:

cabc31.jpg

cabc32.jpg

One of the reasons that I was going to Atlanta was to do a detailing clinic for Adam's. I did not disappoint and ended up selling some Junkman kits. People love how Adam's products work and seeing is believing.

cabc33.jpg

cabc34.jpg

cabc35.jpg

Well, the only thing left is the videos! They are uploading to You Tube as you're reading this so check back in a few hours as they will publish around then. You will see that I had a good time as expected. You can see how much of a good time I had just by looking at this grin on my face. All the Adam's All Purpose Cleaner in the world ain't gonna wipe that grin off!

:lol:

cabc1.jpg

Okay, on to the videos!

(These videos were shot in high quality but You Tube must be doing some kind of maintenance because the quality is not that great upon this posting. It will probably clear up in a day or so!)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oiROepRBk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oiROepRBk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Aq4gUeaNc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Aq4gUeaNc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The Junkman :2thumbs:

Edited by Junkman2008

Great pics and writeup AJ.

After I told him who I was, he took me back into the work area and showed me where and how they prepared the cars. That was cool!

He's known everywhere!

cabc26.jpg

The suction cup on this thing is pump controlled and once it seals, it ain't coming off. It was the sweetest $132 bucks I spent all weekend!

I was going to say that the 'seatcover' was the best $132 you spent, but I think my math may be wrong.;)

AJ, the man ZZ Top wrote a song about - "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide". :glasses: