Customer Service 866.965.0400

I learn something new every day.

Memphis Senior

Question

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Well today this old dog learned a new trick.

I purchased my truck 7 years ago. It was about 9-10 months old and had 22K miles on the clock at the time.

I always thought I was fairly diligent about keeping it clean and shiny.

It's a DD so I don't get to crazy about it though. Since day one, there was this little grain of rice size spot,

on the passenger side airbag cover. Years of cleaning with products like Simple Green and Armor All, were of no help.

That spot was still there. Today I went out there with my bottle of Leather and interior cleaner.

I sprayed the spot and rubbed with a soft cloth. Nothing happened. So I got a little more aggressive with a soft bristle brush, as suggested of the back of the bottle. THE SPOT GOT BIGGER.

It took me a few minutes to realize the "spot" was the only clean part on the dash.

The rest of my "tan" dash was a sort of darkish tan. I honestly thought that was supposed to be the color.

After about 30 mins of work, the air bag cover is a nice tan color. Problem is the rest of the dash looks like crap.

Another problem, we have been unusually warm for this time of year. Right now it's 101 outside.

Probably a deg or 2 warmer than that in my carport. So I called it a day.

I'll hit it again in the morning before it's starts getting hot.

This Leather and Interior Cleaner is great stuff. Like all of Adam's products.

11 answers to this question