Customer Service 866.965.0400

how can I do the car in steps

6spdg37s

Question

okay so here is my question. Normally I would bang out my cars in a day (5 or 6 or so hours) maybe longer. But my 750 is a boat literally. How can you do this over a few days without screwing up your paint. because if you stop at a certain point you cant drive the car anywhere correct?

so can I do like day #1 wash, dry, clay, (but now the car has no protectant on it) so i would have to swirl and haze, polish, wax?

pretty much my question is what step can i stop at, use the car, and continue to detail it without screwing myself!! thanks guys ! :banana:

15 answers to this question

You can really stop anywhere you want. The risk is that you will have to rewash to continue the steps or do a complete phase on one section. If you are doing this over several days, I do not think lack of protection is an issue if you rewash. It will not need re-claying, etc.

For example, tape off a section where you would wash, clay, de-swirl, etc as a minimum in the time you have alotted. No need to apply protection but you could

You could repeat this and then wash one final time the entire boat prior to waxing.

Well this last time I did the challenger I did it in steps. For example, washed the car/engine and such. But did something different for the polishing part. I did the car one panel at a time. Basically, I would clay a body panel, then SHR, then FMP. Not only can you focus more on that one section, I think I did a better job. You also save energy this way. If I clayed the whole car I'd be dead after that then would have to polish. After you do this, wax the car. Waxing is the only thing I saved for the end.

You also have the luxury of a second car, so idk what the problem is. Oh and you have a bike.

Edited by JJ1o87

or when you do the rewash put a splash of APC in with the soapy water and it will strip the light coat of wax. BSG might be a great option for this. It only lasts a couple days anyways and is super quick to apply/remove.

ok so if im going to do the car in steps...than can i waterlass wash the each panel as needed versus rewashing the whole car over and over again? then clay SHR FMP , wax ??

That is another way to do it. I have done this before where I washed with a waterless wash, did a test, and then finished it later. I was trying to figure out if the combo worked before I got started on the full detail.

750???

Did you post pics yet?? Mr. Family Man?? ;)

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4415

yes I did adam...but this was during the monsoon that jeff caused. However, I just detailed it yesterday took me about 7 hrs. so I will snap pics of it after being adamized and post them up of course. but the car looks like a pool of blue :) i also cant feel my arm from using the PC ...another friend of mine told me "what do you expect when your detailing a yacht?" lol. I want to get some good pics and enter the october contest. have a good feeling about this month :)