Customer Service 866.965.0400

waxing with PC without claying or polishing?

IMADreamer

Question

I hope this hasn't been covered already I did a quick skim and didn't see it if so I apologize.

Well it's actually a nice day here in the midwest for once and I'm hoping to get a coat of wax on my car today. I like using the PC partly because I'm lazy and mostly because it's pretty quick but my question is can I do it without claying or polishing first? I know if you are going to polish you should always clay first to remove contaminents but after doing the baggie test my car doesn't really need clayed this go around and so I was wondering if it would be safe to apply a quick coat of wax with the PC without doing the other steps first? Obviously the car will get a good washing first but then can I go straight to PC waxing or should I wax by hand?

Thanks guys and gals!

12 answers to this question

The nice thing about claying is it gets all the contaminates off so the wax can stick to the paint and NOT to the dirt. Claying a relatively clean car only takes maybe 30 minutes and you reap the reward of longer wax life.

I just did this to our Subie over the weekend. Followed up with MSW and it came out great!

Remember to do the wheels as well.

Chris

Hi Jason, this is an easy one! Put your fingers in a ziploc bag. After you wash the car, rub the bag softly over the finish.

Bumpy? Clay! Smooth? Wax!

No need to clay unless there are contaminants on your finish. Waxing over contaminants is not really a good idea.

:2thumbs:

Hi Jason, this is an easy one! Put your fingers in a ziploc bag. After you wash the car, rub the bag softly over the finish.

Bumpy? Clay! Smooth? Wax!

No need to clay unless there are contaminants on your finish. Waxing over contaminants is not really a good idea.

:2thumbs:

:iagree: With the Chief ,Baggie test don't lie!:D