Customer Service 866.965.0400

I am in a bad mood!

JJ1o87

They're not replacing the fender, its going to get popped and painted. Atleast I'm going to make sure they take the fender off.

yeah if they take it off and spray it,you wont have primer or color spray on the bottom of the car! then nobody wont be able to tell if its been painted!:2thumbs:whenever i got my car the hood was sprayed prior to me getting it and the morons didnt tape off the engine bay....grey primer spray is in the corners where the seem is between the fender and engine bay and some is on the nose!:loser::loser::loser: now i gotta go get it taken apart and sprayed!i would rather have your fender bender!:lolsmack: jp

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I was in target yesterday. They had a die-cast model challenger srt-8 I was so tempted to buy it. Take a hammer to the front right panel and then mail it to Jeff :) lmfao :lolsmack:

You are so evil. lol

You won't notice Jeff. I had a drunk driver hit the entire drivers side of my car (while I was parked) two years ago, which required the front and rear quarters to be fixed and door skin replaced and you can't even notice it was wrecked. As long as the body shop guys knows what he is doing you have no worries.

so I was in target yesterday. They had a die-cast model challenger srt-8 I was so tempted to buy it. Take a hammer to the front right panel and then mail it to Jeff :) lmfao :lolsmack:

Yeah I can use it as a reminder of my stupidity.

He's not really my friend he's kindve like that dog that follows you home from school and never goes away.

I dropped the car off this morning for her plastic surgery. Should have it back Wednesday.

:snap::snap: ouch and sweet!and do you know what brand of paint there putting on your challenger?

UPDATE:

Car is home! Job came out really well, you can't tell the difference unless you literally have your face in the paint. It's ofcourse raining here in NY but this weekend I'm going to re-buff out the front section of the car and post pics. I'm never hurting my baby again. ever.

UPDATE:

Car is home! Job came out really well, you can't tell the difference unless you literally have your face in the paint. It's ofcourse raining here in NY but this weekend I'm going to re-buff out the front section of the car and post pics. I'm never hurting my baby again. ever.

Wait a minute there roadster, what did the painter tell you about buffing on new paint? There are only a few compounds that you can use on fresh paint. You should honestly wait 60-90 days (this time of year) before you screw that panel up. The impurities in the paint need time to escape. If you seal them in, that paint will look like crap when it starts blistering.

Wait a minute there roadster, what did the painter tell you about buffing on new paint? There are only a few compounds that you can use on fresh paint. You should honestly wait 60-90 days (this time of year) before you screw that panel up. The impurities in the paint need time to escape. If you seal them in, that paint will look like crap when it starts blistering.

He only said buffing out the new paint, not covering it in wax. I've never heard anything about using special compounds on fresh paint as the clear is only 'soft' (no gooey or anything just soft) for about 72 hours before it starts to harden up (not saying its cured, just hardened). You can buff out paint pretty easily in the first 72 hours but after that is gets a lot more harder to correct. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you guys told me don't wax. Ill wait two months for that. I just have to buff and polish it. Thanks guys!

You cannot use ANYTHING with silicon in it or you will seal the paint. If I were you, I wouldn't mess with it at all. First off, it shouldn't need any buffing because they buffed it out after they painted it. Secondly, you don't know the chemical makeup of the productS you're using. At the body shop, they have specific compounds that they use on fresh paint. They tell you not to mess with it for a reason. I would only do as the painter said or they could void any warranty you may have if the paint acts weird.

My advice, LEAVE IT ALONE FOR 60-90 DAYS. Curing time is impacted by the temperature. You're going into the winter which slows the curing process.

Check out this article in Hot Rod Magazine.

Edited by Junkman2008