Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can a door "ding" get worse over time???

iiiJEFFiii

Question

Strange question... Can a door "ding" get worse over time? I have a small dent on one of my rear quarter panels that I haven't gotten taken care of yet. It's one of those annoying little dents you get when somebody opens their door into you. (I know, we all HATE em!) Anyways, everytime I look at it, it seems like it's getting worse. Is it my imagination or is it actually possible?

20 answers to this question

My car has one small ding on the rear drivers side door. It's about .5 inches long and every time I see it I consider the car to be totalled. Bugs the hell out of me. :(

Wait a second... how do you 'ding' fiberglass?? When I think ding I think more along the lines of a small dent, do you mean you have a chip in the paint??

If anybody knows of a good "do it yourself" removal system... Or a price to get somebody to fix them, I would LOVE to get some more info...

I have a shopping cart ding on my front passenger door :(

I bought my Subie from my brother and to fix all the little dents and one pretty big one on the front fender it cost me 140 bucks. I can see where the big one was but no one else could. I am also VERY anal... Being silver helps though.

I tell my fiance to park it in safe spots. She's pretty good at it. You should have seen her when I told her to not follow cars so closely after washing it and seeing several rock chips...:o She wasn't happy about me telling her... :help:

I only had my Maxima 2 weeks and I had a dinger in my rear passenger door. Then, a few days later, I wasn't watching and curb rashed the wheel pretty bad. Didn't get a quote on the dinger yet (gonna wait till spring) but the wheel is looking like $200+ :(

Probably on his Audi :confused::confused:

Yup! It's on the Audi. And the thing that REALLY kills me about it is that I saw it happen. I had just moved to a new house and after the first snowfall my neighbor came over with his snowblower to clear our driveway. I saw him coming up the driveway, and before I had time to get suited up to go out I saw him accidentally dink the side of the car. I could never really say anything since the guy was just trying to to a kind, neighborly thing. In the intervening years he's come to realize what an insane car freak I am, though, so I'm sure it won't happen again.

Rich

We have had strong winds here in So Cal, my wife's TBSS got attacked by the lid on the dumpster, the lid swung up & over and caught the L/R door from the window down, put a 5" vertical crease in the door! The PDR guy did an amazing job working it out, but it took him a few hours. Now I just need to polish the scratches out.

Give the Paintless Dent Removal guys a call, I used The Disappearing Dent.

Bruce

We have had strong winds here in So Cal, my wife's TBSS got attacked by the lid on the dumpster, the lid swung up & over and caught the L/R door from the window down, put a 5" vertical crease in the door! The PDR guy did an amazing job working it out, but it took him a few hours. Now I just need to polish the scratches out.

Bruce

Talk about bad luck!

Are Corvettes doors fiberglass too? :confused:

Bruce

Don't think i've ever heard of something like that happening before!