Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber lint...what am I doing wrong?

goincd3

Question

I have some blue microfibers from Adams and they worked great until I washed them. Now they produce a lot of lint. I washed with a small amount of liquid soap on delicate cycle with no heat. They were then air dried. I boiled them for 10 minutes each last night and then air dried and they still lint! Is there something I should be doing that I'm missing? Any input is appreciated!

24 answers to this question

I have lint issues with all of mine, but I use the dryer on delicate and I have just assumed the lint came from past drying of my bath towels or clothes, even though I do clean the lint trap as well as I can.

Can you tell if the lint is pieces of the microfiber or lint from other towels? Maybe they can even pick up lint in the washer, but I wouldn't think so.

My new towels I have did this ever so slightly today and I cant remember my old towels that were brand new doing this but maybe they did....like I said it wasnt much so I might not even have noticed in my excitement of the nice detail!

I havent had the chance to use one after a wash yet....hope it doesnt happen to me.

I washed cold cycle very little detergent and air dried. They dont feel as plush after washing as a brand new one but still feel nice!

Try drying them in the dryer on low heat...Ashley advised me to do that but to no avail for me. I'm thinking maybe I got a bad batch of towels. Still worth a try though as I have seen this work for many around here.

Also keep in mind what you wash in the machine prior to putting your MF in there will have an effect. Many times there are tons of residual fibers left behind by bath towels inside the washer drum... the MF (as it is designed to do) is great at scouring the inside of the drum and picking up all those fibers then when it dries it releases them... in this case onto your paint.

I encourage anyone who is having this problem to run a load of bath towels and other miscellaneous cotton laundry, when the cycle is done and you've pulled the load out take your hand and rub the inside of your washer drum... a lot of times you'll come up with a hand covered in fibers.

Not to bring back the dead, but I have noticed that my double plush towels will leave lint on my Americana surface as it is slightly grippy, but they don't lint at all on my wife's truck that is treated with Z-8 which is pretty slick. Waffle weave drying towels don't lint at all on Americana. Just my observation.

Looove the Americana!

i always run the washer on a rinse cycle once with nothing in it before putting my towels in there; gives me time to spot clean them in the sink with some APC.

when i get ready to wash them, i use woolite, and i always take the towels out when the soapy water is draining from the washer. i never keep them in when the washer is spinning the water out. then i throw them back in and rinse them 2 or 3 times; taking them out when the water drains until they don't feel soapy anymore. after that i hang them to dry on the shower rod in my guest bedroom overnight and guess what, no lint ;)

haven't had to boil them for any reason yet... my wife says i spend more time cleaning the towels than i do cleaning her car :willy:

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Yes, always wash separately. Like I said, only happens with Americana, I should ad however; that its during a wipe down with Adam's Detail Spray that this happens. No, not during waxing, I only use the detail spray after the waxing has been completed and removed, and let sit for a day or so. Americana just seem a little less slick than the Z-8, for obvious reasons. Maybe its something with the relationship between the two? Wipe down with detail spray and the waffle weave towel works great though...

Its going to be your wash machine, stuff like something blocking the exit hose (stocking material filter )isnt great for machines and usually dosent let all water out. Socks and towels and blankets are high lint items....you should wash nylon shirts or just empty wash machine before micro fiber are washer. also dont over load your washer, it needs room to aggitate and rinse the clothing.