Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car wash: Automated vs. Hand vs. Coin-Op

Team Adam's

Question

:jawdrop:That is crazy. And to think I almost ran my truck through the car wash a couple days ago due to the mud from the dirt road I live on. I am glad I opted to wait and do a proper wash. I would have been kicking my self if I had.

5th gear does a great job of doing these tests. They have a great test on "octane boosters" as well as others.

Surprising results actually...

I do use HP washes in the winter but I DO NOT use a brush and usually let it just air dry, or air freeze... lol

Chris

I have taken my 01 Corvette to the do it yourself wash a few times this past summer due to a water restriction we had. I only used the wand to rinse the car. I brought my wash bucket with the grit guard and my Adams wash pad and Adams car wash. So it was almost like doing it at home except I did not have a leaf blower to dry it.

I'm very guilty of going through a touchless wash all too often. I just don't have time to do it by bucket, plus even though I try and use proper technique I'm always afraid I'll scratch it. :( So I save the bucket washes for times when I know I'll be waxing or polishing.

I have used the car wash in the past when I did not have enough time in my schedule to wash my daily driver. The only thing I have to remember is remove the antenna.

If they had not used the waterblade on the car.

Since I stated using Adam's products my daily driver has not even been to the car wash.

My truck has always been hand washed by yours truly.

He rated the auto car wash the best. Did yoiu see all the water spots. First off would you want to have your car washed and then not dried so you end up with the water spots, and we all know what happens when they are not dealt with. Also I wonder what the paint would actually look if the car was dried with those towels that all the full service cars washes use.

There's a brand new one by me that uses those swirling rags of death and it has the blowers at the end and since the car is in neutral and controlled by the wash it goes really slow and did a good job of getting the water off. It even has a sensor that senses your tires and applies a light coat of tire shine....kinda odd.

once it goets cold enough i have to use the car wash i have no place to wash it I cant even do it at the firehouse because i have to push the water out of the bay and we have different groups that rent the firehouse and it makes the sidewalk and driveway icy so no wash there either lol I usually let it get a little messy in the winter time just run it through the wash to get the salt off of it.

its a good thing i havent done my major detail yet considering i have been using the california blade :o....i was told by several others that as long as you get all the dirt off when you wash it that they wont scratch.....i guess i just shouldnt listen to anyone that isnt on this forum :willy:....blade will be put in the closet to collect dust i guess.

its a good thing i havent done my major detail yet considering i have been using the california blade :o....i was told by several others that as long as you get all the dirt off when you wash it that they wont scratch.....i guess i just shouldnt listen to anyone that isnt on this forum :willy:....blade will be put in the closet to collect dust i guess.

I think the jelly one is better than the standard/

In previous years of my ignorance I have done some of these. It is revolting to see these now. :o

With the recent purchase of a black vehicle, it is the hand-wash-with-the-two buckets-with-grit-guards approach in the style of 'The Junkman'. (I don't have his on-screen charm either, but hey...) :)

As an apt dweller type, it has to be the DIY car wash with the pressure sprayer (used from a distance). In spite of this, I believe my paint can put in excellent condition by detailing it nicely and fully with what I have seen in the videos, and kept as nice as possible by NOT scratching the heck out of it in the wash/dry PROCESS.

Wow!

I use a self-serve car wash on occasion, but I only use the pressure washer and then I blow dry the car when I get home.

NEVER touch your paint when you just power spray the car, there is still a solid layer of road film on the paint that will destroy your paint if you try to dry with a towel, even with WCW or DS.

Bump! This is a good one for the NooB's out there....

Chris

No question about it.

As an city dweller, I have to use the self-wash bays at the automated car wash down the street where I hand soap the car while the wife uses the sprayer without pulling the trigger.

I'm throwing my water blade away.