Customer Service 866.965.0400

Opinion on PC

jpu471

Question

I have to return my 7424 to the company I bought it from due to what I believe is a bearing failure. The company wants to know if I want another 7424 or the XP. So what do we think. Again, the XP has more power but is bigger and heating vents in the handle. Whats a detailer to do?

9 answers to this question

I have to return my 7424 to the company I bought it from due to what I believe is a bearing failure. The company wants to know if I want another 7424 or the XP. So what do we think. Again, the XP has more power but is bigger and heating vents in the handle. Whats a detailer to do?

Go with the XP, I don't think that it is bigger. If it is it is not noticable!:2thumbs: I not sure what you mean about the vents, I use the XP without the handle!

There is a video on here comparing the two. I have the 7424 and I will stick with it. The power is only 800 ocp difference. The 7424 is maxed at 6000 and the XP is maxed at 6800. Not sure there is a big difference. Also I used an old Adam trick for removing the polish and wax. I place the micro fiber towel on the car, place the buffer pad in the corner of the towel and wrap part of the towel around the grip handle and the other extra material of the towel around the handle area. With the XP, I would block off the air vents. Also The speed comtrol in on the handle with the XP not on the back, were I do not see that as an advantage, because I have never changed speed while working an area.