Customer Service 866.965.0400

I finally had to drive in the rain :(

MitsukiGT

Question

I've been doing everything possible to avoid the rain, but today I had no choice. So 70 miles in the rain:willy: I was about 2 seconds from calling in sick...kinda wishing I would have.

So my question is how much do I need to do to get my car looking like it did? How much work did I undo by driving in the rain? Do I have to break out the PC again? Wax again?

What sucks even worse is I just got my truck done (4 straight 6 hour nights after work....and I already had it half done) and I have to drive it in the rain too. I won't even get a picture of it clean:(

...I gotta get a beater fast.

Sorry if this was asked before, I scanned the forums a while before deciding to ask.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

No need to do anything with the PC just b/c it rained.

Simply wash using the right process (high concentration of soap, grit gaurd, 2 buckets, foam gun --if you have one--, dry using waterless wash or detail spray as a drying agent, use light pressure on the WWMF towel while drying)

Once its all clean again feel free to apply a fresh coat of wax, no harm in adding another layer.

The worst part of getting into detailing is dealing with the frustration that mother nature hates clean cars :lolsmack:

I have all the stuff you mentioned (I almost have 1 of everything Adams now).

I wasn't sure if driving in the rain (dirty water) would cause micro scratches, especially the crap thrown up from the tires.

Thanks

Nope... contamination simply touching the sides of your car isn't going to cause any scratches, especially since you have a protective coat on there now. All you need to be concerned with is safely removing the dirt/road grime without rubbing it into the paint, anything and everything you can do to limit touching the paint while its dirty and increasing lubricity when you do have to touch it will keep the paint swirl free.

No need to do anything with the PC just b/c it rained.

Simply wash using the right process (high concentration of soap, grit gaurd, 2 buckets, foam gun --if you have one--, dry using waterless wash or detail spray as a drying agent, use light pressure on the WWMF towel while drying)

Once its all clean again feel free to apply a fresh coat of wax, no harm in adding another layer.

The worst part of getting into detailing is dealing with the frustration that mother nature hates clean cars :lolsmack:

:iagree:Good advice Dylan!

Welcome to the club!! It finally stopped raining here, so I got to do the Ranger all over. Wash, Buttery Wax, VRT. It might just be my imagination, but the truck looks even shinier now. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the Sable ready for winter and Sunday wash the Charger again.

I had my vette for 13 months and it never felt the rain...that was until I drove to Corvettes at Carlisle.

When I was at Carlisle I would simple wipe down the vette using Adam's waterless wash. When it finally stopped raining I went over the car with Adams Detail spray.

My vette made it back safely to home and hasn't felt the rain since.

Before I went to Carlisle I had two coats of buttery wax on my car and Brilliant spray glaze.

The only thing I have done to the vette's finish is waterless wash, detail spray and brilliant spray glaze.

I don't even have to wash it with the soap since I started using the waterless wash.

The vette has never looked better thanks to the Adams products!!!

Well I am back from my trip. Drove from MI to Houston TX, then Back again in 3 days. I have to admit it was allot harder to drive that long than I thought. I've been up longer than 24 hours many times, but to drive that long was much harder to do. I put in 18 hrs straight before I had to pull over for sleep.

The first 10 hours down I was in constant rain, not just a mist either. All of this was at night. I had just cleaned the windows with Adam's glass cleaner and I was surprised that it acts like rainex. I never once turned on the wipers during that 10 hours of heavy rain at night. I finally had to wash the window on the trip home when it got dark out, the window was just too saturated with bugs.

After the rain the truck looked pretty good still. However you had no idea I ever used the VRT, it was all washed away by that time.

It was raining again when I got home, so I haven't had the change to clean it up and see how she shines.

Well I am back from my trip. Drove from MI to Houston TX, then Back again in 3 days. I have to admit it was allot harder to drive that long than I thought. I've been up longer than 24 hours many times, but to drive that long was much harder to do. I put in 18 hrs straight before I had to pull over for sleep.

The first 10 hours down I was in constant rain, not just a mist either. All of this was at night. I had just cleaned the windows with Adam's glass cleaner and I was surprised that it acts like rainex. I never once turned on the wipers during that 10 hours of heavy rain at night. I finally had to wash the window on the trip home when it got dark out, the window was just too saturated with bugs.

After the rain the truck looked pretty good still. However you had no idea I ever used the VRT, it was all washed away by that time.

It was raining again when I got home, so I haven't had the change to clean it up and see how she shines.

Puttting BSG on the windows also works great!