Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tiny fibers all over car

xlr8rvette

Question

Have seen threads about lint from micrifibers , have had this happen before and I , too, thought was some sort of lint. Awhile ago threw out all microfiber cloths that did this and replaced. Its happening again and it is not lint. It is tiny fibers

Washed Vette and used Adams white waffle weave to dry. Noticed the above occuring on glass which wiped first. Was using older waffle weave have had for about a year and instantly switched to new towel (both were Adams white towels). As for some reason I have never been able to thoroughly dry with these towels I wipe and area then go over it lightly with microfiber.

Long story short....there are now tiny fibers all over the Vette. Wiping the glass with a microfiber makes it more pronounced. Using the new Adams glass cleaner with the blue cloth gets these off the glass. I'm not sure how to get these off the paint

Not sure if from waffle weave or microfiber, or both. Any ideas on what causes this?

Thank you,

Bill

Edit.....Wiped Vette paint with new plush microfiber towel and these easily came off. Majority wiped off by holding end of microfiber and "swooshing" cloth lightly over area, on only a few did I need to put in a very little more effort. They dont come off easy on glass but do on body. Immediately after washing and drying they are tuff to remove as likely still damp and tacky (my theory).

Maybe the microfibers towels and drying towels have a shelf life. Still happy with these and all Adams products so when find more leaving fibers will throw the culprit away and replace :banana:

Edited by xlr8rvette

14 answers to this question

I know this might be hard to remember, but did you buy all the MF towels that are causing this problem at the same time? Could there have been a bad batch that is leaving fibers?

another dumb question, but if you keep using it, does it seem to be thinning out?

mine left a little what I would call lint fibers on the paint today....not like a ton but I figured since the towels were brand new they were just shedding....

I figure the little lint fibers would dry and blow off in the wind. Which I assume they did, although I didnt even check.

I was wondering if I was the only one having this problem. Mine Adams microfiber cloths are leaving a bunch of fibers all over my black vehicle! Any way to fix this?

Mine is black too. See first post for how I got them off. What is discouraging is that when this happens right after washing the car you cannot take it anywhere as they are initially too difficult to get off. I got them off after car was in garage for about 20 hours after washed it. Still had to use glass cleaner to remove from winows......believe giving enough time for the fibers to thoroughly dry was key to getting them off the paint.

Good luck

Thats really strange I promise you I have more Adams MF than anyone on this site (except for maybe Adam himself) and of all those towels I've only ever had 1 or 2 leave anything behind.

Some questions:

If they are new did you wash them prior to your first use?? ALL MF should be washed before its first use. Stray fibers from the manufacturing process are still present in brand new, fresh out of the box, microfiber.

If they are old how have you been caring for them?? Are they washed in cool - warm water with liquid laundry soap?? Air dryed or in the dryer at the lowest heat setting??

If they are very old have you boiled them with vinegar for a refresh?? All microfiber will deteriorate over time. Boiling will help refresh them and bring them back to life.

Are you using the MF on an unclayed or rough surface?? If you have not clayed in awile your paint will be "grabby" which will pull fibers out

This seems to be a theme lately... A lot of "fiber" threads...

The only time I noticed this was when I was cleaning my iPhone prior to putting Zagg armor on it.

I never see them on the car.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

Thats really strange I promise you I have more Adams MF than anyone on this site (except for maybe Adam himself) and of all those towels I've only ever had 1 or 2 leave anything behind.

Some questions:

If they are new did you wash them prior to your first use?? ALL MF should be washed before its first use. Stray fibers from the manufacturing process are still present in brand new, fresh out of the box, microfiber.

If they are old how have you been caring for them?? Are they washed in cool - warm water with liquid laundry soap?? Air dryed or in the dryer at the lowest heat setting??

If they are very old have you boiled them with vinegar for a refresh?? All microfiber will deteriorate over time. Boiling will help refresh them and bring them back to life.

Are you using the MF on an unclayed or rough surface?? If you have not clayed in awile your paint will be "grabby" which will pull fibers out

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never washed before using nor do I believe I have ever had a problem with new towels.

Lyn washes and dries per instructions I gave her from this site. We have never tried boiling in vinegar. I do not believe the surface of either car I used them on was in need of clay (both were clayed 6 months or so ago and pass the baggy test , and going over the surface with the microfiber was real smooth).

As I've had this problem on occassion before, now when it happens I replace the offending towel(s). That's my solution. As far as why this happens I'm inclined to believe its from longevity......Afterall nothing lasts forever EXCEPT FOR OUR ADAMS SHINE :banana::banana:

Sorry about the fibers guys! With all of this fiber business, I'm tempted to go to Korea and kick some butt! Well, I've said it, and will say it again, typically after boiling towels for 10 min, the fibers go away. Many times, it's due to the cutting and sewing.

My towels don't shed, and I almost have as many as Dylan. Almost.

If you are dissatisfied with any of our products, remember, we honor a 110% unconditional lifetime satisfaction guarantee. Email us, and we'll replace the towels, get you a credit, or refund your purchase.

I sincerely apologize for the hassles, and it seems once every few years, a batch is more apt to lint.

-Adam:o