Customer Service 866.965.0400

metal polish for aluminum Alcoa wheels

JS2TZU

Question

new to the fourm and im a total clean freak when it comes to my vehicles! anyway the alcoas on my dually really need to be polished back to the day I bought them Ive been using the billet polish on them but im really not happy with the outcome.

I need to know if the metal polish will bring them back to original and if theres a protectant polish that I can put over that to keep them from spotting.

Thanks in advance!

18 answers to this question

These rims hadn't been polished in a few years until I attacked them with the Adam's Metal Polish and a Powerball. :pc:

Sorry I don't have a before pic.

DSC00142.jpg

And these rims were even worse on a 70 Camaro that we recently purchased. The whole car had sat for years without any TLC. There was lil rust marks and scratches all over them. I think they turned out great compared to what I started with and my Boxer thought so too! :lol:

DSC00130.jpg

I had those same wheels on my dually I just sold. Alcoa Magnums. They are raw aluminum and need metal polish. I used Alcoas proprietary polish line along with their spray sealant. But honestly any good metal polish would work. To get a good polish on them I had to remove them otherwise you cant get in between the lugs very easily.

I did a little research here before posting that, I don't think they are clear coated but you can check the exact model there.

http://www.alcoa.com/alcoawheels/north_america/en/fsw/driver/dually/dl_home.asp

polished.jpgAlcoa Polished Wheel Finish

These are the wheels that started the revolution for Alcoa. After inventing the forged aluminum wheel, Alcoa then polished the aluminum to a deep shine. You will find many of our Classic light truck, trailer and SUV wheels available in a polished finish.

A polished aluminum wheel offers a brilliant shine that is durable for rugged use. Many off-road and motor sport enthusiasts prefer polished finish wheels for their grueling driving demands. Even after a hard day on the trail, Alcoa polished wheels clean up well.

To learn more about maintenance care of Alcoa wheels, click here.

For details on the Alcoa wheels warranty, including specific warranty information for each of the wheel finish options list above, click here.

These rims hadn't been polished in a few years until I attacked them with the Adam's Metal Polish and a Powerball. :pc:

Sorry I don't have a before pic.

DSC00142.jpg

And these rims were even worse on a 70 Camaro that we recently purchased. The whole car had sat for years without any TLC. There was lil rust marks and scratches all over them. I think they turned out great compared to what I started with and my Boxer thought so too! :lol:

DSC00130.jpg

sold! I put in my order today!

Picture will help, just want to make sure they are not clear coated or a brushed finish first :thumbsup:

And

:welcomebanner: to AF !!!!

here are a few pics there from my cell phone.(sorry my daughters not home and she has the digital)

i wish the pics were better but in a few you can see water spots theres also a few scratches on all of them

1262832262.jpg

1262832261.jpg

1262832259.jpg

1262832257.jpg

Archived