Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using polisher and wrist pain.

NightMare Silverado

Question

So after my 5 hour adventure into polishing yesterday I expected to be a bit sore. However I used my left hand to apply pressure the whole time and my wrist absorbed all the impact from the pc. Anyone have any tips on how to help with this like a brace or something?

I've had my wrist wrapped up all day and it still feels like I seriously messed it up.

Practice makes perfect... I practice as often as I can :D

In martial arts that saying don't go so well, I used to think the same way though.

''PERFECT PRACTICE MAKE PERFECT''!

If your not doing something right to begin with then your just perfecting the wrong way, if you've been doing it wrong the whole time.

Then got to thinking about what they teach, just as in detailing. It all comes down to two things, TECHNIQUE AND FORM!

If you look these two great words up they will tell you that technique is(degree of expertness) & form ( a way of doing something requiring skill)

Junkman2008

Funny thing though, I never had any pains after the first time I had sex. It has never bothered my back, legs or anything. Hmmm... I must be doing it wrong!

And since the junkman set his self up I had to do this!:lolsmack::jester:

Sorry buddy! :D now you owe me one, I know

This thread is funny. I remember my hands being numb and rubbery after the first time I used the PC. Now I can do a 4 day show and the only thing I get are calluses. That what happens when you have soft computer hands!

Funny thing though, I never had any pains after the first time I had sex. It has never bothered my back, legs or anything. Hmmm... I must be doing it wrong!

TMI AJ haha

This thread is funny. I remember my hands being numb and rubbery after the first time I used the PC. Now I can do a 4 day show and the only thing I get are calluses. That what happens when you have soft computer hands!

I've got so many hours of polishing in my arms, wrists, and shoulders that I barely notice it anymore... like anything the more you do it the less sore you'll be when you're done. Its just an activity and motion your body isn't used too, but really, detailing can be excellent exercise... think of all the calories we 'shine-jockeys' burn thru the course of an all day detail session!!

To lessen the abuse on the wrist maybe mix up your routine a little... polish for a little while, then take a break and work on the interior or tires, then go back to polishing, take another break and work on the engine bay, polish some more, then work on your sandwich eating/beer drinking skills, back to polishing... you get the point :D

Also, keep in mind nothing says you have to finish the car in a day... if you start to get sore get to a good stopping point and resume the next day or even the next weekend.

Oh I got those skillz down.

I've got so many hours of polishing in my arms, wrists, and shoulders that I barely notice it anymore... like anything the more you do it the less sore you'll be when you're done. Its just an activity and motion your body isn't used too, but really, detailing can be excellent exercise... think of all the calories we 'shine-jockeys' burn thru the course of an all day detail session!!

To lessen the abuse on the wrist maybe mix up your routine a little... polish for a little while, then take a break and work on the interior or tires, then go back to polishing, take another break and work on the engine bay, polish some more, then work on your sandwich eating/beer drinking skills, back to polishing... you get the point :D

Also, keep in mind nothing says you have to finish the car in a day... if you start to get sore get to a good stopping point and resume the next day or even the next weekend.

i actually have the problem with my right wrist i have tendinitis in my right shoulder from when i worked at delco battery doing the same repititious movements over and over again. So when i use my right arm after a while my whole arm aches and my shoulder aches my right hand actually swells up. so i think im going to invest in some new gloves myslef.

Your body gets used to doing something all the time so in a way yes and no.

Weight lifting is the same way. I switch up my work outs all the time. Different methods/machines from one week to the other just to keep my body thinking.

Plus working out has a positive effect on your physique as well.

Chris

Lifting weights and strengthening the muscles will help a ton as well.

I never get any arm pains from my buffer. Make sure you're not holding onto it to tight.

Chris

does warehouse work count? I spend all day moving 20-50lb boxes of pots and pans. I really do need a gym membership tho Im trying to get back into shape.

I've never had that before. Sometimes my hands feel numb.If I am going to use the pc a long time I wear mechanics gloves.:pc:

I usually feel it in the hands after a while. Check the angle of your wrist when your using the PC. Maybe your wrist is at an odd angle and you don't realize it.

Rob

Yeah mine felt the same way, took awhile to get used to but you wil after a few more details.

It helps to shake out your wrist/hands and rub them for a second or two when you set your pc down.

It's from all the vibration and long peroid of use at a high speed.

The truck looks pretty good, just wait until you really have some time with using the pc!:thumbsup:

Archived