Customer Service 866.965.0400

When to use details spray?

IowaEmt1991

Question

It's interesting that it can be used for so many things, does anyone know what its made of?

A combination of magical ingredients farmed from the far corners of the universe at great expense. Many a good man has lost his life in the pursuit of detail sprays legendary ingredients :lol:

The recipe for coke, the colonels 7 herbs and spices, and Adams detail spray - all formulas that are on a need to know basis :D

OK... but what about when you are using machine wax?

With polish... you can use it to spritz the pad to moisten the drying polish that is in the pad.

However, with machine wax, it is actually a sealant... so wouldn't diluting it with DS change it's properties and effect how it seals the paint?

-Brett

The action of priming a pad isn't so much about diluting a product as it is providing some surface lubrication between the pad and the paint at the start of working a product. A fine mist of DS isn't going to impact the adhesion of MSW to the paint or hurt its durability. Now I wouldn't go nuts and saturate your pad with DS while waxing/sealing but a quick spritz to moisten the pad prior to your first panel isn't going to hurt anything... once the pad it completely covered with MSW then you can lose the DS part of the equation... but I definitely recommend it on startup.

:pc:

OK... but what about when you are using machine wax?

With polish... you can use it to spritz the pad to moisten the drying polish that is in the pad.

However, with machine wax, it is actually a sealant... so wouldn't diluting it with DS change it's properties and effect how it seals the paint?

-Brett

Should i spray DS on the surface between coats of shr, rp, and buttery?

I think it's probably a good idea to wipe down the car with DS after polishing and before waxing. You don't want any residue between your paint and your wax. That's my best guess, but I defer to the experts.

ADS has almost too many uses to list. I use it on the paint, glass, dash, wheels, and engine compartment. It also works as am after shower body spray, mouthwash, and hair rejuvenator ... Well, maybe not the last 3 but it's uses are almost unlimited

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>var addthis_pub="scott111";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/200/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

Adam's Detail Spray

A better name would have been Instant Car Detail In A Bottle, but we didn't want to brag! IMPROVED! We've lightened the coloring for greater ease of use!

What do you say about a product that cleans, shines and protects just about everything on the exterior of your car? Adam's Detail Spray really is like an instant car detail in a bottle.

Use Adam's Detail Spray on paint, glass, chrome, wheels, grills, and trim to safely clean and shine with just a mist and wipe. This product is so versatile, it's crazy!

When you're short on time to wash your car with a bucket and Adam's Car Wash Shampoo, Adam's Detail Spray is the answer. That's because Adam's Detail Spray is an excellent spray and wipe waterless wash solution. Most cars can be completely and safely cleaned in about ten minutes with less than four ounces of Adam's Detail Spray. Your car will look like it was just washed and waxed.

Do you need a solution for bird and bug crud? Adam's Detail Spray is the answer. Keep a handy four ounce bottle in your glove box for the critter litter all over the front of your beautiful car. Just mist and wipe, and the critter litter is gone.

Our exclusive paint protect formula also makes Adam's Detail Spray a safe and effective lubricant for Adam's Detail Clay. This powerhouse combo cleans and smoothes your paint like no other paint cleaner can.

For a better wash and dry experience, after washing and final rinse, mist Adam's Detail Spray over your car and dry with an Adam's Great White Drying Towel. Here, Adam's Detail Spray acts as a drying agent with a kick. The kick is how fast your car dries and the just waxed shine that returns. In a word, WOW!

Use Adam's Detail Spray under the hood to dust and clean all top-side surfaces. Use it to wipe down door jambs and trunk sills, too. You can even use Adam's Detail Spray on the interior of your car as a dusting agent to wipe down your dash, console, door panels and seats. Just mist your microfiber towel and wipe! It's so easy, never streaks, and it smells great!

Adam's Detail Spay comes in a four (4) ounce pump for your glove box, 16 ounce spray and a 1-gallon refill. For the ultimate experience, use Adam's Detail Spray with our spa quality

Archived