Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help me find a new car please

IowaEmt1991

Hey guys im just lookin for a little assistance. I have a few cars pick out but really don't know too much of anything about them. So maybe you guys can help?

2008 Grand Prix GXP: 33k miles 5.3 v8 FWD

2006 Impala SS: 60k miles 5.3 v8 fwd

2006 Grand prix GTP 60k miles 3.8 s/c v6

2007 Monte Carlo SS 30k miles 5.3 v8

Im 18 so i can only afford stuff along those lines or under 16k. Im really jsut looking for something reliable and good for the long run as i plan to have this until after my eventual deployment (oh joy) haha. I know the GXp's have crappy tranny's. What about the +/- of the others?

If you have any other suggestions throw em out there, I cant afford Mustang or gto insurance :( so there not options.

Thanks guys,

eric

Its in great shape with the full factory warranty still, BUT the transmissions are known for going out around 65k. Because its a made for the v8 but it contains all the parts of the v6 grand prix. The price is a little high, as the others i can easily afford if i trade my current car. The GXP not so much.

This would be my pick. 2008 Grand Prix GXP: 33k miles 5.3 v8 FWD :burnout: If in good condition and the price is right!

im with Chris on this one for obvious reasons....just so you know the Monte Carlo SS and Impala SS both have the same trans as the GXP so they will have the same potential for failure.

Insurance will be fine, I have already priced it out. DP, have you had any trans problems yet?

sure havent but im only at about 17,000 miles....i use tap shift a lot to downshift and i dont baby the car for the most part....i only have a CAI magnaflow catback no res. and a cutout so im not real modded either....plans are when the warranty is up to go turbo, rockers, possibly a cam, port the throttle body and intake manifold, get a built trans from triple edge performance and a dyno tune. so im hoping to be around 500 whp when all said and done.

Its in great shape with the full factory warranty still, BUT the transmissions are known for going out around 65k. Because its a made for the v8 but it contains all the parts of the v6 grand prix. The price is a little high, as the others i can easily afford if i trade my current car. The GXP not so much.

Becareful about the Warranty, most of them are for first time owners only for motor and powertrain. I would go with the 2008 Grand Prix GXP w/33 miles, but make sure u check CarFax report.:cheers:

Im partial to the gxps lol ... a little fun fact about the GXP when i was quoting out ins. for mine it was only like i wanna say $50 - $100 more a year than a base model. Kinda ridiculous when you consider how much faster and luxurious they are than the base model.

Im partial to the gxps lol ... a little fun fact about the GXP when i was quoting out ins. for mine it was only like i wanna say $50 - $100 more a year than a base model. Kinda ridiculous when you consider how much faster and luxurious they are than the base model.

Ya ik the feeling my 02 gp gt ins was the same price as a 03 gtp, gtp was beat to hell tho :(

As far as design and engineering they're probably about the same as in ride, handling, and general reliability. I'd take a good look at each of them and decide which one looks like it was best taken care of -- regardless of mileage. A 65K mile car that was really well taken care of is going to be a better buy than a 30K mile car that was always left outside, dinged up, rode hard and not properly serviced. Consider all that, plus the usual stuff like life left in the tires, service history, etc. Separate your emotion from the purchase, too, and make a smart decsion. If none of them feels right, walk away -- the right one is out there somewhere.

Rich

as far as the 3 LS4 cars go the GXP has the eibach suspension with bigger brakes and also has tap shift so it is a little sportier in that respect. they also have 8'' tires up front to help with torque steer so if things were to need to be fixed the GXP will be more expensive when it comes to tires (cant rotate them) and suspension. that is somethin you may want to consider since u r such a youngster lol.

as far as the 3 LS4 cars go the GXP has the eibach suspension with bigger brakes and also has tap shift so it is a little sportier in that respect. they also have 8'' tires up front to help with torque steer so if things were to need to be fixed the GXP will be more expensive when it comes to tires (cant rotate them) and suspension. that is somethin you may want to consider since u r such a youngster lol.

I also have to consider that in June i will be leaving for 28 weeks, then possibly being deployed. But regardless im getting a new car, to pay on while im gone and enjoy when i get home. I think its down between a charger/300 or GXP.

I also have to consider that in June i will be leaving for 28 weeks, then possibly being deployed. But regardless im getting a new car, to pay on while im gone and enjoy when i get home. I think its down between a charger/300 or GXP.

I would say go with the Charger or 300.

First question would be how long do you plan on keeping the vehicle. If you plan on keeping it for more than four years go with a new vehicle if less than three get a good used vehicle.

You might could even find a great deal on a demonstrator model with very low miles. I found a great deal on a demonstrator model while I was in graduate school. It was used by an executive of the manufacture.

My suggestion is that for you to save your money while your deployed the 28 weeks and then purchased a car when you return, instead of letting it just sit wherever you park it while your gone.