Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner Application

mfowler12

Question

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm also new to Adam's product line. For the past week, I've been reading up on a way to finally clean my windshields and windows without leaving the smoker's grime (previous owner) and streaks all over my wife's car and my new truck that have finger prints on the inside of the windows.

Through my research, I found out about this glass cleaner and it apparently has great reviews among other web sites so I purchased a bottle and a set of the glass towels.

My question is really about how to apply the cleaner properly to the windows. Where I live has provided a consistent supply of storms moving through our area. We've had chances of snow/rain for the past two months on every single 7 day forecast and snow/sand/salt on the roads for the past three months. Basically, I cannot wash the vehicles because it just a matter of hours, it will be dirty again.

So, with my purchased items arriving today, I know that I need to wash the towels first, on the delicate cycle, and allow them to air dry. What's the best way to apply this product without having to wash the vehicles?

10 answers to this question

You can use WCW first, then Glass Cleaner.:) Are you working outside? If so what are the temps?:confused:

I don't have the Waterless Car Wash; this is the first product I purchased from Adam's. My goal at this time is to find a glass cleaner that will work on these windows. If it works as good as it did in the video, then I may purchase other products.

So, it's apparent that I need to wash the windows first, correct?

I don't have the Waterless Car Wash; this is the first product I purchased from Adam's. My goal at this time is to find a glass cleaner that will work on these windows. If it works as good as it did in the video, then I may purchase other products.

So, it's apparent that I need to wash the windows first, correct?

Yes if they are real dirty ! If not you can just use the Window Cleaner!It may take a couple passes.Hope this helps.:2thumbs:

Yes if they are real dirty ! If not you can just use the Window Cleaner!It may take a couple passes.Hope this helps.:2thumbs:

They aren't very dirty. The wife's car has that smoker glaze on the inside and my truck has some finger prints. I wouldn't think I would have to wash the windows, but that's why I'm asking here. Both vehicle's have had the outer windshield scrubbed with the window brush from the gas station so they no longer have visible dirt on them.

:iagree: Multiple passes may be in order. You want to clean the glass until the towel doesn't stick. It should glide over the windows when they're clean.

:welcomebanner:I just spray a couple of shots in the center so I dont get too much over spray then just wipe it off with the glass cloth. I also do a flip method, one side will get saturated with product then flip to the dry side and buff off the remaining. Glass come out perfect. Hope this helps

I applied the product similar to how Adam did in the how-to and the glass came out really good. The haze is gone off the wife's car and both windshields look very clear. However, I now see what Adam was talking about on claying the windows. I can see specks all over the glass that we didn't really see previously.

Thanks for the help.

One last question, can I apply Shout to the towels to get rid of some dark spots on the towels? As I was wiping the cleaner off, it did grab some dirt off the paint. So now, I have some dark spots on the towels.

I applied the product similar to how Adam did in the how-to and the glass came out really good. The haze is gone off the wife's car and both windshields look very clear. However, I now see what Adam was talking about on claying the windows. I can see specks all over the glass that we didn't really see previously.

Thanks for the help.

One last question, can I apply Shout to the towels to get rid of some dark spots on the towels? As I was wiping the cleaner off, it did grab some dirt off the paint. So now, I have some dark spots on the towels.

Hi, and welcome. I'm going through the lousy weather/can't wash the cars blues, too. Will this winter ever end!?! :willy:

As for your question, I believe using a little Shout would be fine, as long as it goes through a full wash cycle after that. And one of the big rules about the dryer is NEVER use dryer sheets or a fabic softener in the load with your Adam's microfiber. :2thumbs:

Rich