Customer Service 866.965.0400

Getting ready to use Americana...

694doorbird

Question

10 answers to this question

How long ago has your car been detailed?

The basic procedure if you do not need any paint correction is washing, claying, a good paint cleaner like Revive and then your favorite sealants and waxes like Americana.

If you pass the bag test, I say Revive then Americana.

How long ago has your car been detailed?

The basic procedure if you do not need any paint correction is washing, claying, a good paint cleaner like Revive and then your favorite sealants and waxes like Americana.

If you pass the bag test, I say Revive then Americana.

They were al clayed and detailed last November, right before winter hit. I've been able to keep the salt and sand off pretty good. I've also been able to apply another coat or to of the Buttery Wax and Brilliant Spray Glaze. That could be the reason, they still pass the baggie test.

A once-over with Revive can't hurt (and will only help, in fact) but if the paint is really good overall, a quick coat or two of America is really easy. I can do my whole car in 30 min. :cheers:

Thanks, I will plan on doing this step also.

your gonna love how easy Americana is to use, A tip from me to you is to just lay it over the vinyl too. Its not worth the trouble to try and not get it on them.

Thanks for that tip Stephen. I was going to ask about that also.

One other question, Should I put a little DS on the applicator before and during the wax?

I got my American yesturday and used it on the wife's Pontiac Vibe. Wow!! And found out that a little does go a long way. Used the PC with MF towel to remove. Was fast and when it came out into the sun this morning..... just wow!

p.s. I did give the applicator a shot of DS before starting.

Guess my waxing is going to be put off for a couple days.

Some stupid idiot backed into my son's Grand Prix Friday night. Put a big dent in the drivers door and shattered the window. Yea, the guy left without a note either. Anyway, I got the door apart, the window out and am able to close the door with no problems. Started calling around for a window and all the salvage yards closed for the weekend :(

Archived