Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official Tint Thread : post pics

6spdg37s

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So they just made tint legal in Illinois a few months ago so I really don't know much about it. So I have a dumb question, how does it effect night time driving? I live in the deer capitol of the world and great visibility at night is a must. Does tint make it harder to see at night? Keep in mind I live in a rural area so we don't have a lot of street lights and things.

I think that it makes a big diff, but then again my eyes are prolly older that yours, after I had the windows on the big truck done, I had to roll down the pass. side window to back up, so with that said, I have 35 on the Vette and I see pretty good.

Bluezey:pc:

It is what it is and without any tint on the windshield (illegal)...........maybe it does look clear. At least, the police don't hassle me for illegal tint.

No im just saying its a bad angled pic... Jeffs JJ1087s chally does the same thing.. if u take the pic from a front angle it looks darker...

I never get stopped for tint either.. knock on wood ! :2thumbs:

For those of you with your windshields tinted, do you ever get stopped ? Is it illegal in your area to have the whole windshield tinted ???

no its not legal, and no I havent gotten stopped just for that but I got stopped doin 3 times the speedlimit the other day with JJ1087 in the car and he mentioned that and no plate but no ticket. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, There is a guy right in Etown that does it. His website is not the greatest, but he is a very nice guy and did good work. Here is a link. There is another guy in Mannheim that does them as well, but he was a little expensive, and not nearly as nice.

http://www.ssc-tint.com/

What do you think he would charge to do the front two the same as my backs.

I am not sure, I asked him about doing just the front on my friends Mini cooper about 6 months ago and I cannot remember he either said 80 or 120. I would give him a call @

(717)367-0006. He will get you a quote right over the phone.

Archived