Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official Tint Thread : post pics

6spdg37s

I got the G8 tinted this weekend as well. 35% all the way around. I should have gone a little darker, but am afraid of getting tickets.

DSC00874.jpg

Nice - I hope you don't wind up regretting not going darker. I got 30 on the challenger and I regret it. I'm probably going to have them re-done to 15% in a couple months.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got the G8 tinted this weekend as well. 35% all the way around. I should have gone a little darker, but am afraid of getting tickets.

DSC00874.jpg

That looks pretty dark as far as I can tell. When the sun shines directly on my 20 it looks only a hair darker, but its hard to tell by looking at a picture. ;)

Quick question. What are tints? I have heard of tinted windows, but don't know what "tints" are?

Also keep in mind that a light or dark interior will have a huge impact on how dark your windows look from the outside. i.e a car with a black interior and 20% tint will appear as if it had 5% tint from the outside. If the same car had a white or tan interior the 20% tint would look more like 32% tint from the outside.

Z06 = 20% tint with the mod red interior

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Rover = has an ivory interior with 20% on driver and passenger window which closely matches the factory tint on the rest of the windows.

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just got my windows tinted, I will post pics sometime this weekend. But, I have a quick question that I forgot to ask when I got my windows tinted. How long do you have to wait after window tint until you can roll your windows down?

Just got my windows tinted, I will post pics sometime this weekend. But, I have a quick question that I forgot to ask when I got my windows tinted. How long do you have to wait after window tint until you can roll your windows down?

I waited 2 days for my cars.

When we had ours done, we were told to wait at least 3 days.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/574173608EVgqxx

There's mine. Rears were factory 20% with 5% behind. The fronts were 5% and the windshield was 50% before I had to remove it because a cop wanted to bust my chaps about it. I'm fixin to put it back on and get the fronts 20% with 5% behind it to match the rears.

I would have to agree with the benefits of windshield/window tint. With a tinted windshield, I can see better at night because there is hardly an glare from lights. Watching movies at the drive in is even clearer, which is an odd thing but it is.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/574173608EVgqxx

There's mine. Rears were factory 20% with 5% behind. The fronts were 5% and the windshield was 50% before I had to remove it because a cop wanted to bust my chaps about it. I'm fixin to put it back on and get the fronts 20% with 5% behind it to match the rears.

I would have to agree with the benefits of windshield/window tint. With a tinted windshield, I can see better at night because there is hardly an glare from lights. Watching movies at the drive in is even clearer, which is an odd thing but it is.

Looks good, that's a big truck.

Thanks! It's due to finally get the full Adam's treatment soon when the '55 and all my detailing stuff gets here on Wednesday. :pc:

It already looks like you take very good care of it, with Adam's it'll really look good!

Archived