Customer Service 866.965.0400

Still confused about Revive Polish

wong600

Question

Hey Guys,

What is the purpose of Revive polish? I read many threads on it and feel like it is unnecessary because I do the SHR, FMP, BW routine..

Does it clean off all residue (SHR,FMP) and allow BW to bond better? That would make sense?

I love polishing my ride, so I welcome an extra step but I like having a reason for it :pc:

Thanks!

15 answers to this question

Revive HAND Polish is pretty much self explanitory. It's for use by guys who do their cars by hand........like me. Whereas the FMP, Fine Machine Polish is for use by machines. Both will give you great results. Just use whichever one suits your methods. :2thumbs:

David,

The benefit of Revive after FMP would be debatable, personally I don't do it on my black vehicles as there just isn't enough benefit there to justify the extra work. Revive works to deep clean the paint as well as add gloss, it also has some slight filling properties to it... not major swirl and scratch fillers, but it will help mask some minor imperfections or make them less noticeable IMO.

For your car specifically theres really only one way to know for sure if the work is worth it.... do half of your hood with Revive, then apply a coat of buttery to both halves. Pull out into the sun step back and admire.... if the side you did the revive looks better theres your answer.

David,

The benefit of Revive after FMP would be debatable, personally I don't do it on my black vehicles as there just isn't enough benefit there to justify the extra work. Revive works to deep clean the paint as well as add gloss, it also has some slight filling properties to it... not major swirl and scratch fillers, but it will help mask some minor imperfections or make them less noticeable IMO.

For your car specifically theres really only one way to know for sure if the work is worth it.... do half of your hood with Revive, then apply a coat of buttery to both halves. Pull out into the sun step back and admire.... if the side you did the revive looks better theres your answer.

:thumbsup:

David,

:iagree:

I bought a PC and got the fine machine polish, but I also bought the revive as well. The reason I bought the revive is because I figured I may not be able to get the PC pads onto every piece of my car (the small areas like the rims and the spoiler). So I got the revive in case there were some small areas that I couldn't get to with the PC.

Bill when you use Revive as a last step to get a little extra POP from the metallic, are you using it by hand or machine? If machine, what pad are you using? I'm far too lazy to hand polish is the reason for my question.

Archived