Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gearing up for my big GTO Detail...

AZGTO

Question

Well the time has come...I have the next 9 days off work and I am going to do a full scratch removal on my 05 GTO. I plan on starting tomorrow morning and working through monday or tuesday.

I plan on washing, claying, then starting with the pc on it doing 1 panel at a time.

From what I've read on here, the suggested process would be SHR, FMP, MSW (wait 12-24 hours) Wipe down, then 2 coats Americana?

I went to the detail clinic a few weeks back here in Az so I feel pretty confident with using the PC for the first time.

Any tips anyone has for me?

Thanks,

Donny :pc:

6 answers to this question

Ya I can't wait to see it either when its done...I pretty much reached a point to where hand waxing can only do so much, which I am super meticulous about keeping this car clean...Plus its garage kept and only driven on the weekends...

Well I washed it..Clayed it, then washed again today...Started on the hood...made 2 passes over the hood with the Yellow pad with SHR then orange with shr and white with FMP...got MOST of the scratches out of the hood...Gonna make a few more passes see how it looks...tomorrow I hope to make some good progress