Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailed the house and put it up for sale.

Team Adam's

Last week the wife and I decided to list our condo for sale. We need something bigger for the little guy with a yard. We bought this place brand new 7 years ago, actually watched it be built from the ground up over the course of 6 months and moved in when the paint was almost still wet... its been a great place to live, especially since our very best friends live literally across the street, its just time to get something to accommodate our little guy better. More room, more storage, a yard, etc.

This whole process is so stressful and neither of us have ever sold a house before, this was our first home. Having to keep your house perfect at all times just in case someone wants to see it or having to be gone all day while strangers wander thru with the agent and critique your home, its just weird. Over the past week we rented a self storage unit, moved out all the clutter, packed up boxes of stuff we wouldn't need, did the touch up painting, and staged the house for sale. I spent an extended amount of time giving everything the Adams treatment.

Carpet and Upholstery cleaner on the carpets, leather and interior cleaner + leather conditioner on the appropriate furniture, glass cleaner on all the mirrors and windows. The real work went into the countertops and appliances. Revive polish was used extensively and I even busted the PC out and went to work with the white pad on the stove and fridge.

First open house was yesterday and we already have an offer WAY HIGHER than our asking price!! Its amazing considering that there are other units of the same floor plan in our neighborhood listed for less than ours... not only did we get an offer sooner, we also got more for it. Seems a little TLC and a lot of Adams products can really help you out in the real estate market :D

Maybe we need to come up with a HOUSE PREP kit. Even our agent commented on how many people couldn't believe how clean and new everything looked :glasses:

I just hope this offer goes thru and we can get thru this quickly... I had no idea selling a house could be so stressful and exhausting!! :willy:

_DSC0207.jpg

_DSC0205.jpg

_DSC0203.jpg

_DSC0211.jpg

_DSC0217.jpg

_DSC0220.jpg

You arent kidding about moving and looking at houses being stressful.We just moved last November from a 1600 sq. feet home into a 2800 sq. ft home with an inground pool.We lived in our other home for 13 years and it's amazing how much crap you accumulate in that time.We also made the move for our kids that are 14 and 4 years old.

We're still shopping for the next place. It really is a buyers market, but it seems thats also creating some bidding wars on some of the places we've been interested in. We're comfortable with the fact we'll have to potentially rent an apartment for a few months after the condo sells while we shop... no sense in rushing into a house if its not the right one or at the right price.

We're still shopping for the next place. It really is a buyers market, but it seems thats also creating some bidding wars on some of the places we've been interested in. We're comfortable with the fact we'll have to potentially rent an apartment for a few months after the condo sells while we shop... no sense in rushing into a house if its not the right one or at the right price.

that good you not rusing in to one that you might hate.

that good you not rusing in to one that you might hate.

Not so much that... theres a TON of houses on the market in our price range that we like, but I'd hate to jump into a house, compromise on a few things, only to see the IDEAL one go on the market a month later. We're gonna really take our time, shop around, and only sign on the dotted line if we are sure its a place we will stay in for the next 10+ years.

A few of the places we're looking at have 2+1 garages... a dream for me as I could really deck out that +1 as a mancave/detail haven. Another one had a HUGE RV parking setup around the side... since I don't own an RV or really plan to it would be the ideal spot to do an addition that could be my little detail paradise.

If you have to do another open house be careful, there are always teams going around to those things. One would distract the real estate agent while the other would steal anything they could fit in their pockets !! Medicine cabinets and coins, anything small. I had a duffel bag I would keep that kind of stuff in and I would take it with me when I left the house :2thumbs:

If you have to do another open house be careful, there are always teams going around to those things. One would distract the real estate agent while the other would steal anything they could fit in their pockets !! Medicine cabinets and coins, anything small. I had a duffel bag I would keep that kind of stuff in and I would take it with me when I left the house :2thumbs:

Way ahead of you... cleared out all prescriptions and moved them to my in laws for the duration of the open house (both days this weekend) all our valuables were locked in a portable locked fire box and they rode around in the truck with me. I don't trust anyone farther than I can throw em so I wasn't about to leave anything of value out.

I was a little upset after Saturdays open house... when I got home my sons room was a mess, his toys were strewn all over his room, my 46" LED TV was covered in finger prints, and my 24" Imac was all finger printed up and tilted funny on the desk. I immediately called the agents and they let me know that a very pushy family who were looking for an investment property brought their kids... the kids messed up the room and they assumed the house was going to come furnished... the agents told me they kicked them out of the house as it seems they either didn't understand that the TV's and other items were not included in the sale or were just inconsiderate (they were asian and apparently didn't speak very good english) It was nice to hear how annoyed my agent was and that she had handled the situation... but still... who does that??

BTW - got another, even better offer today, and this one even sweetened the deal by offering 20% down + good faith deposit!! Apparently this little condo has pretty wide appeal :D

I I had a duffel bag I would keep that kind of stuff in and I would take it with me when I left the house :2thumbs:

Okay, is it just me? The way I read this, Bill goes to open houses with a small duffel bag and cleans them out.

Dylan, happy house hunting. A few years ago Tracy and I went looking for a bigger garage also. I could not believe how messy some people show their houses.

Bruce

Very nice place! I agree with the super clean houses always seemingly getting better attention. I hate the upkeep though of keeping the house ready for viewing. Its like keeping your daily driver show ready 24-7. Good luck on the sale, we recently sold our house and had a bidding war on it, so things like that can still happen!

Update - we've gotten a flood of excellent offers... some as much as $20k over our asking price which is just insane considering the current market. We're countering all of them to correct the language of the contracts, terms, etc but should be sold very soon.

Found the new place today and submitted our bid... now its just the waiting game.

Update - we've gotten a flood of excellent offers... some as much as $20k over our asking price which is just insane considering the current market. We're countering all of them to correct the language of the contracts, terms, etc but should be sold very soon.

Found the new place today and submitted our bid... now its just the waiting game.

That good news