Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who likes pudding? The Proof is inside

XQIZT

Question

I'm telling you, I've used all kinds of stuff on all kinds of cars and this stuff makes me smile every time I use it. Its so easy and you can feel and see the difference the very first time you use it.

Subject car:

2006 Chevy Colorado. Daily driver. Sits outside day and night. Washed MAYBE 3 times since I bought it in 2007 (unless you count the rain :D )

Anyway, here was my method with all the products from the Junkman kit:

Wet down and blast off the heavy dirt

Foam soak

Wash

Clay bar with detail spray

Rinse each section after claying

Dry with "the absorber" (I know, I know, not the best)

Swirl and Haze Remover on the Orange pad, PC set on 5

Wipe with microfiber

Fine Machine Polish on the White Pad, PC set on 3

Wipe with microfiber

Buttery Wax on the Black Pad, PC set on 1 (I was really just using the PC to apply the wax since I don't have a good Adam's applicator...yet)

Buff with a fresh microfiber after the wax hazed (SOOO easy to remove :thumbsup: )

Detail Spray applied with another fresh microfiber

All this was done outside, since it was a cool, overcast day( 70's).

Here's a picture of how much product I was using. I used the same amount whether it was SHR, FMP or BW. (too much/too little/just right?) This amount did about 1/3 of the hood or one full front fender. I did not dampen the pad with Detail Spray because I didn't want to cut to power of any of the products.

4377002985_664d05bcf5.jpg

With each product, I dabbed the product across the work area (like Junkman shows in his videos), then worked the PC across, then up and down. Twice in each direction seemed to be enough, although it was hard to tell on a white finish. I applied just enough pressure so that my "mark" on the backing plate continued to move. (It seems to be my experience that the lower the number on the PC, the less pressure you can apply and still have the "mark" move around. True?)

I only did the full process on the hood and front fenders. I washed and clayed the doors and only washed the bed sides and rear. In person, you can CLEARLY see the difference, although it doesn't come through so well in this picture. The front portion is actually WHITER than the rest. Swirls are GREATLY reduced, although I think I'll need to do another full treatment in the future when I have more time.

4377769640_ae9c192dfe.jpg

Unfortunately, it was a cloudy day, so the picture isn't as great as it could be.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions?

16 answers to this question

That looks like a lot of product. I did not use nearly that much. I have not used the PC that much yet, but I was going about 2-3 pea sized drops at a time and doing everything in about two foot by two foot sections. I was amazed with how well my car turned out. There are some pics here.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5162

I also felt like detail spray helped to pull excess product out of the pad and stop them from getting excessive buildup. Looks great. keep working and the truck will look even better.

I'd say too much product. At that rate you'll polish your car twice and be ordering more product. Ive polished about 5 cars with a new bottle of FMP and used about 25% of the bottle. All you need are 3-4 little dime sized drops on the pad. You can rejuvenate the product by misting some detail spray onto the pad so you don't have to keep applying FMP to the pad when you start a new area. You can usually get 3-4 passes before needing to apply more product. Watch the junkman paint correction videos, I watched every video before I attempted the process. :2thumbs:

For the first time before your pad is primed it is the correct amount. After the pad is primed you just need 3 or 4 pea size drops.:thumbsup: Nice job Mike!

Primed...there's a new term for me. I wash the pads after each use with APC, rinse and air dry. So you mean "prime" the first use of each detailing session?

It was kinda hard to see what was going on with the product on a white car.

Alright, less product...got it. :o This is why I am practicing on everything I can BEFORE the Vette meets the PC.

For the first time before your pad is primed it is the correct amount. After the pad is primed you just need 3 or 4 pea size drops.:thumbsup: Nice job Mike!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Primed...there's a new term for me. I wash the pads after each use with APC, rinse and air dry. So you mean "prime" the first use of each detailing session?

Exactly. You prime the pad every time you start with a new or clean pad. I would use a little less product to do that priming too. If you dab it around within the area that you are about to work, that will help spread the product around the entire pad or "prime the pad" as I call it. This sets the pad up to work for you. At that point, you can use less product during your subsequent applications. The detail spray would be used to break up any excess build up of product on the pad.

Exactly. You prime the pad every time you start with a new or clean pad. I would use a little less product to do that priming too. If you dab it around within the area that you are about to work, that will help spread the product around the entire pad or "prime the pad" as I call it. This sets the pad up to work for you. At that point, you can use less product during your subsequent applications. The detail spray would be used to break up any excess build up of product on the pad.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

You need to keep giving that nice truck TLC. White is really nice looking when its clean. :D

I can really only baby one vehicle at a time. PLUS, Holley needs Aveo washed at least...PLUS other things to take care of...:willy:

Maybe we can go to work 2 days a week and have a 5 day weekend for detailing and perfecting our Adam's techniques. :thumbsup: