Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tell me about MSW

Typo

Question

My daily driver sits outside 24/7. I would like to use MSW because of it's durability.

But I don't have a PC and probably won't have one til my B-day.

And as Guy Clark says in the song No Deal - "My birthday isn't to very near".

Has any one applied MSW by hand? I am thinking of using the red Hex-Grip applicator.

Or should I just go with 2 coats of Americana? I have some coming, should be here today.:banana:

11 answers to this question

I'm def alittle confused as to the MSW. Up until now it has been said to only use it with the PC, and if needed by hand around tighter areas that the PC can't get to. But now on the website I see this being said about the red wax hex pad...

Red: Buttery Wax or Machine SuperWax, our polymer sealant .

Our RED Hex Grip Applicator features fine foam, for waxing with our Buttery Liquid Hand Wax, or, our Polymer Sealant, the Machine SuperWax.

Can you guys please help clear up my confusion.

You would use the red hex grip applicator to apply MSW by hand in the areas which the PC cannot reach. Since it is significantly thicker than the Buttery Wax, it is recommended to use the PC to ensure you spread the MSW thin and evenly. So you can apply MSW by hand, it would just take a little bit more elbow grease to spread it around than if you were using Buttery Wax.

You would use the red hex grip applicator to apply MSW by hand in the areas which the PC cannot reach. Since it is significantly thicker than the Buttery Wax, it is recommended to use the PC to ensure you spread the MSW thin and evenly. So you can apply MSW by hand, it would just take a little bit more elbow grease to spread it around than if you were using Buttery Wax.

:iagree:

I've always applied MSW by hand on my side skirts, front lip, rear facia, etc. As well as my rims. Just season the pad with DS and dab the applicator around the part you are trying to wax then spread it as thinly as possible. I've never had any problems with it looking uneven or being too hard to remove that way. I also use the blue microfiber applicator for applying it. It works well.

Of course on the larger panels I use the PC because it makes life so much easier.

I dislike the blue microfiber applicators for applying polish and wax because they absorb way too much and you end up wasting a lot of product. I use the hex grip pads for polish and wax, and save the MF applicators for metal polish and BSG since those products are much more liquid than the others.

Archived