Customer Service 866.965.0400

It's Official (Again)

OIF Vet

Uncle Sam has finally given me the official word to pack up and move. We will be heading to Fort Bliss Texas at the end of May. I was originally on orders to head there in January but that assignment was deleted due to my 6 knee surgeries. Now that I'm cleared physically it's time to roll out of this job and back to the big army.

Rob

that's where my brother is. any word on what unit?

I'll be taking a First Sergeant's position in 1st BCT, 1st AD. I can't believe that they are sending an Infantry guy to a Armored unit :willy:

Is it hard moving all the time??

Good luck with the move.

Thank you! After 20 years in the army you get use to it. To tell you the truth, my wife and I get the itch to move about every 2-3 years. Surprisingly, the kids like moving. Let's see this is my 20th year and this will be my 7th move. Hawaii, North Carolina, Alaska, Georgia, Colorado, Rhode Island and soon to be Texas. That's not counting all the countries that I've been deployed to.

Rob

Wow, First Sergeant? That means you are "Top". Thank you for your service!!! I moved alot when I was a kid in the sixties, Pop was also infantry.

It just means that I'm old.

Hawaii and Colorado? Jealous I am. So will you be frocked for the 1SG position or are you MSG already?

I have about 2 years time in Grade as a Master Sergeant. I've been waiting for that diamond.

Archived