Level of Education  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Level of Education

• High School Education
    • Associate / Technical Degree
    • Bachelor Degree
    • Graduate Degree (Master / Doctoral)
    • Military

I'll have my BS in Computer Science at the end of this May. I also have my CCNA and A+ certifications, hopefully will be working for Pitney Bowes or Hewlett Packard by the end of the year, they both have locations in Stamford CT which is about 45 minutes away.

I'm really smart and average in the top 10% of testing but I'm also really lazy and never did my homework ect and picked fights with teachers so I dropped out and graduated continuation school with top of my class in world civ and had honors in history/English. Then I got my GF(now ex fiancé) pregnant and got a job.

I just barely made it out of High school, I think they just wanted to get rid of me so they gave me a diploma :lol::lol::lol:

16 years later I went to Bay State School of Appliances and took a computer course. That got my foot in the door, from there I worked my arse off and the rest is history !!!!

I think things turned out ok for me :burnout:

Military is not an education level...

Plus, you must have at least a High School Diploma to get in the Military.

I think you may be taking this in a different way than it is intended. Many people use the Military as a way to get a good education.

I think it is meant as a compliment to everyone who serves in the armed forces and uses it as a means to get that education they they might not have been able to get another way ????

And we all know the military is a hell of a lot harder than just going to school, not that school is easy. That is a **** hard job AND school all in one.

And thank you for your service :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

But this is all just my opinion.

Although I'm not in the military I respectfully disagree. My brother had to go to school for 2 years for his job in the marines. So I'd count that as education. My brother is an avation tech and iirc he spent the last 2 1/2 years in japan reparing the radar systems for harriers. Now he is training to work on the new'ish helecopter/plain hybrid thing (I don't remember the name)

I think you may be taking this in a different way than it is intended. Many people use the Military as a way to get a good education.

I know several guys that have learned a trade while in the military but they do not have a degree.

I think it is meant as a compliment to everyone who serves in the armed forces and uses it as a means to get that education they they might not have been able to get another way ????

I thought it would be a way to recognize (you could also say complement) those that have been in the military. They (military) work hard and put their lives on the line.

I know several guys that have learned a trade while in the military but they do not have a degree.

I thought it would be a way to recognize (you could also say complement) those that have been in the military. They (military) work hard and put their lives on the line.

I just took it the wrong way.

I'm on another forum that always bashes the military as uneducated...

Military is not an education level...

Plus, you must have at least a High School Diploma to get in the Military.

Not anymore. Some branches lowered the requirements. Some are taking non high school grads and others are taking people with a GED. I had a handful of those soldiers in my last unit and I'll tell you what. They performed great in combat. When bullets are coming at you, it doesn't matter what your grades were like in college or how many degrees you have. It's all about survival.

Rob

Not anymore. Some branches lowered the requirements. Some are taking non high school grads and others are taking people with a GED.

Rob

Some folks can have a GED, but they must have at least 15 college credits on top of that.

The rules have changed, it's not easy to get in anymore...

I'm on another forum that always bashes the military as uneducated...

You DEFINITELY won't find that around here. Military guys get nothing but props and :patriot::patriot::patriot: on Adam's Forums. :2thumbs:

In fact, military guys get a standing discount on Adam's. If you need the code, PM me or any other moderator.

Oh, and :patriot:

Rich

You DEFINITELY won't find that around here. Military guys get nothing but props and :patriot::patriot::patriot: on Adam's Forums. :2thumbs:

In fact, military guys get a standing discount on Adam's. If you need the code, PM me or any other moderator.

Rich

:iagree::iagree::iagree::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Rich

Exactly :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Archived