Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ordered more adam's gearing up for spring details

GGEVOXFTMFW

Question

I also finally made my detail website last night myself. I sent in for the domain name so next day or so it will be www.donsdetailing.com, but for now its www.donsdetailing.webs.com as we speak. Let me know what you think. Ive been searching pricing of other places or detailers and smashing their pricing in half usually. I finally ordered my wheel well cleaner, wheel well brush, boars hair big brush, metal polish, all purpose cleaner, and stain remover. Hopefully it helps once it gets nicer for my side job details. I also have a friend whos making a really nice flyer for me so i can hand em out at car shows or post them up. I also made a facebook page with all my friends as fans so when i make comments or posts they all see it. Also has link to my website. Might order one of those license plate frames you can write anything you want on it, and put dons detailing and my web address. So when I drive people will see it. Now of course we had get another 5 inches of snow last night :lolsmack:

Site looks great! And I like how you really spell out exactly what it is the customer gets at each price point/package. I'm sure that helps them make an informed decision as well. I've learned the more specific, the better.

I believe someone mentioned in another thread that if one is doing full-on paint correction, charge by the hour and get an agreement in writing and signed. Full-on paint correction could end up costing you so much in terms of time and money that if it isn't hourly, you'd lose your shirt.

Is that with interior or no interior? I was thinking over my pricing last night. I want to be affordable, and offer a fair service to dollar ratio, but I dont want to cheat my self out of I should be charging. Last year I had no site, no flyers, and was just telling everyone by word of mouth for my stage 1 detail. I was orignally asking around $200, and no bites and everyone said they didnt have the money for it or had people low ball me. So I dropped it to $150 try and push it for that amount and still had trouble. So Im torn on pricing still, on which way would work better. I see some shops charge 100+ just for the interior, and another 100+ for exterior, then some dont do the engine or its extra. Any insights would be awesome, Thanks:pc:
With interior

Here in Wichita I have one pretty well offering full details for about 140. biggest thing is i explain to them if there is alot of correction involved the price will need to reflect it cause of the time and product and most people really understand that. I also have a book for anyone who would like to see some of the cars just so they feel a little more at ease. Once you build a customer base they have no problem paying the money if they know they are getting there moneys worth. I have ran into alot of people who are shy of spending a good amoutn for a detail cause they were burned before by a shop in town and they dont want that to happen again

Joe

Time would only tell you how cheap or how expensive you really are.

Ya youre right Richie, I already had one friend tell me I am way cheaper than where he was bringing his car. So I guess thats the response I was after, plus its not like I have a store or overhead or people working with me or under me. Its all me :rockon: I always splurge every spring for car products, and if I can get 5-10 cars out of one order. It would more than pay for my efforts and product costs. :2thumbs:

Don-

Is that with interior or no interior? I was thinking over my pricing last night. I want to be affordable, and offer a fair service to dollar ratio, but I dont want to cheat my self out of I should be charging. Last year I had no site, no flyers, and was just telling everyone by word of mouth for my stage 1 detail. I was orignally asking around $200, and no bites and everyone said they didnt have the money for it or had people low ball me. So I dropped it to $150 try and push it for that amount and still had trouble. So Im torn on pricing still, on which way would work better. I see some shops charge 100+ just for the interior, and another 100+ for exterior, then some dont do the engine or its extra. Any insights would be awesome, Thanks:pc:

Time would only tell you how cheap or how expensive you really are.

I charge $150 for the light polish detail so your prices are pretty spot on.

A car?

I have it narrowed down to 2:

2008 Grand Prix GXP 5.3 v8 33k miles

2000 Grand Prix GTP Daytona 3.8 s/c v6 40k mile, only 2000 built in 5 years :)

GXP or gtp comp g 04-05

Prices are very fair. I started out doing it the same way and built a decent clientel so now I just mainly do there cars on a monthly basis. Cant wait for the weather to warm up here cause car show season will start and my garage will be full every weekend with somethign different lol. Just hope i am not working 12 hrs a day 7 days by then

Joe

Thanks, I hope everything goes as planned. Wish I could be as luckly as you. Ive been home since my accident I was passenger in the day after x mas with back and neck all of jan-feb. My doctor has me not driving and home til march first then I can return to working again. I was helping my buddy do foreclosure sales from nov-dec. after my last job cut me to two days a week from full time. He promised me big money, but takes time like three months without seeing a check. So I was working six days a week, 50 hours a week for no pay. Plus I was driving all over, even resorted to door knocking, and going to 5-6 houses a day so lot of walking. I bought disability last year, and still waiting on my $2500 check for feb. The insurance companys still making stink over me not having a paycheck to track. Should be compesated well eventually from the guy that hit me and my dad head on. We still go three times a week for therepy. So while ive been home i have been applying around for different jobs where I can sit behind a desk again. Ive had a few interviews, and hope to be working again soon while doing details two or three times a week hopefully. I have a civil service test for a village job thursday, and had a interview at Beal Bank friday as a Banker. I have 5 yrs of banking exp. so hopefully I get the call sometime this week. I dont know how much more I can take of this economy. :help:

Prices are very fair. I started out doing it the same way and built a decent clientel so now I just mainly do there cars on a monthly basis. Cant wait for the weather to warm up here cause car show season will start and my garage will be full every weekend with somethign different lol. Just hope i am not working 12 hrs a day 7 days by then

Joe

Thanks Eric, you ever find something yet?

Thanks Tim, I just set up the store so people can pay me directly to my paypal. Should help

A car?

I have it narrowed down to 2:

2008 Grand Prix GXP 5.3 v8 33k miles

2000 Grand Prix GTP Daytona 3.8 s/c v6 40k mile, only 2000 built in 5 years :)

don't forget about Myers cruise night in Rolling Meadows in the summer time were you can advertise your product:thumbsup: For the most part its a full house friday night.

Ya I go weekly to Augustino's every Tuesday on 59 and north ave by me. Pass them out or hang them on my windshield.:banana: Its just hard with the guys who wont let you look at their car let alone touch it/detail it. When you know it needs help. Anything done to your Gn, I had a 86 with a pt54. Sold it few years back. Still have a spot for them:burnout:

sounds like you have a game plan:rockon:you might want to list on your web page how on can pay for your service

They have an appointment application I can install, but its like 10 bucks a month I think. Customers click day they want the detail, and pay right then and there. Might have to looking into it more now haha :rockon:

Archived