Customer Service 866.965.0400

MF plush towel question

SaleenJOE

Question

I have had my Blue plush towels since September of 09 and they are only washed by themselves and hung to dry and they have lost there softness and are worthless to use with DS anymore. Every time i try and use them they just push the spary around and dont soak anything up, Will take 2 towels to just DS the hood. Anyone else ever had this problem? I loved them when they were plush and now i cant really use them. Even when taking off wax they are not that great.

Joe

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

15 answers to this question

Thing is i havnt used them that much for waxing. heres a pic to show you what they look like now

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

You can boil them with some vinegar or you can put them in the washing machine with HOT water and liquid soap and give them a good washing and an extra rinse. Then toss them in the dryer. But DON'T put in a dryer sheet. Most times when these cloths get "rough" it's because whatever was in them before either didn't all come out in the wash, or because they weren't rinsed enough to get the soap out. That's what you're feeling in your towels.

Give either one a shot and try the dryer. Should be okay. :thumbsup:

The bunched up fibers in your picture indicate it holding onto something which is binding up the fibers. Wax, polish, spray glaze, all manner of stuff can build up in the fibers and cause them to do that.

Boil in a large pasta pot of water + 1-2 capfulls of white vinegar and they should come out good as new. Obviously was them after the boiling. Whatevers in there now will break down with the heat, you'll likely have a wax/polish residue ring around the inside of the pot when you're done.

The bunched up fibers in your picture indicate it holding onto something which is binding up the fibers. Wax, polish, spray glaze, all manner of stuff can build up in the fibers and cause them to do that.

Boil in a large pasta pot of water + 1-2 capfulls of white vinegar and they should come out good as new. Obviously was them after the boiling. Whatevers in there now will break down with the heat, you'll likely have a wax/polish residue ring around the inside of the pot when you're done.

:iagree:

How do you wash/dry them? Drying them in the dryer on high heat can cause the fibers to melt to eachother. I only dry mine on air fluff no heat.

I asked my wife if there was any in the house and whn i told her what for she just laughed and said your kidding right lol. She knows i am nuts but she said thats over the top lol just buy new ones. Cant argue there

Sweet! Buy new ones then next time she's not home, boil your old ones! Maybe I should try to convince my wife mine are not up to par!

I asked my wife if there was any in the house and whn i told her what for she just laughed and said your kidding right lol. She knows i am nuts but she said thats over the top lol just buy new ones. Cant argue there

Thats always an option, then you can downgrade your old ones to less desirable jobs... like cleaning door sills, lower rocker panels, exhaust tips, etc that you wouldn't do with your "good" towels.

At any given time I have Adams towels in vairous stages of thier life cycle dedicated to specific tasks. My newest/best towels are reserved for wax and polish removal. Slightly older towels are left for odds and ends around trim and even some light interior work, then the really old haggard ones are left to wheel duty.

Well I have one cabinet full of product looks like I need to fill another with all my pads and MF towels lol. She looked at the towel and said u arnt using that on my sallen are you? You are dead if that touchs my truck. At least she understands and is as anal about it as I am lol

Joe

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

There are a number of aspects to detailing that make you appear to be slightly nuts... blowing a car off with a leaf blower... spending hours upon hours in your garage with your nose only inches from the paint inspecting things... rubbing your paint down with something that, to the casual observer, looks like blue silly putty... boiling towels in a mix of water and vinegar. You really want to make them think you've lost it - try washing and waxing your car at 1am b/c you got off work late on Friday and theres a car show that Saturday. :lolsmack:

One of these days some nice men are going to show up with a straight jacket and take me away because I'm fairly certain most of my neighbors think I'm no longer in possession of my mind. :willy: