Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats a good stereo?

ExpressThis13

I want to get a aftermarket stereo for my GP because my factory one is skipping and I don't know why but its getting very aggravating and plus the fact that I cant listen to my ITouch on it because of no way to plug it in. I dont like alpine at all but what im thinking is pioneer or pioneer premier but im not big on car stereos so I figure maybe someone here could shed some light on this subject for me. I also want some subs for my GP but dont want to drop 600 bucks to do it either. Help me out and point me in the right direction.

1. I do like fancy Headunits with moving displays

2. I dont want to wake up the whole neighborhood with stupid *** bass

3. Keep a decent budget. Im not trying to get all this for 200 bucks but I dont want to spend a thousand either.

See if you can find one with HD Radio. It really is better sound quality. Pioneer, Kenwood and Sony all make good HUs with HDR that are well under $200.

The biggest impact on getting better sound will likely come from replacing your stock speakers, too.

:iagree: Can't go wrong with Pioneer, Sony! Check out Crutchfield!:2thumbs:

ive done lots of research on stereos and have done a few full stereos, i would recommend a kenwood head unit, and prob. jl,memphis,digital designs, for subs, and your choice of amp. heres a good site ive used them many times and have always had great products from them. sonicelectronix.com - a very good site to get some discounts on stereo equipment.

also i would stay away from pioneer, sony in my opinion there out of date and not as good as quality as the the companies ive listed.

if you have anymore questions shoot me a pm

ive done lots of research on stereos and have done a few full stereos, i would recommend a kenwood head unit, and prob. jl,memphis,digital designs, for subs, and your choice of amp. heres a good site ive used them many times and have always had great products from them. sonicelectronix.com - a very good site to get some discounts on stereo equipment.

also i would stay away from pioneer, sony in my opinion there out of date and not as good as quality as the the companies ive listed.

if you have anymore questions shoot me a pm

JL memphis are great only thing they cost $

headunit- 100 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17549_Kenwood+KDC-MP242.html

amp-129.99 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8514_Kenwood+KAC-7203.html

subs-70(each) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10315_Memphis+15-PR12S4.html

wiring kit-60 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18411_Metra+The+InstallBay+AK01.html

sub box-25 (single 12)

total- 385 plus shippng

of course i put this together for a reasoable price range, you can always change things to put together something a little nicer or bigger stereo

I have a Kenwood HU that has Siruis built in to it. I have the Kenwood Ipod adapter so I can run my Ipod through my HU. I replaced my stock speakers with Polk DB series speakers. Plus I am running a Profile 4 channel amp and my system sounds great. Nice and clear plus I have the power to crank it up a little bit.

Rob

I really wouldent look into a sterio without expecting to spend atleast 2k. It's one of those things you REALLY don't want to half ***. I spent 2500 on the system in my suburban, alpine deck and kicker speakers / l7 10 in sub with full box and 1000 watt amp. You could hear my system a block away and it was clear not like a scraper. With that all said you can probably have a great system for around 1k deck amp sub just make sure it's what you want so a year from now you don't buy it all again.

My personal experience has led me to fully commit to Alpine and nothing else. Over the years I've had decks from Pioneer, Kenwood, Eclipse, etc... the only units I've been completely satisfied and impressed with have been Alpine.

I had an IVAW205 in the TBSS and it was the best thing EVER!! The flip out (previous gen) one I had in my Silverado SS with the center channel blew away the Pioneer AVIC it replaced. The eq settings are far more robust, the customizable options make it easy to create a cool look for your dash, the interfaces are well laid out, the screens are far more responsive, the tactile feedback on the touchscreens are A HUGE benefit IMO.

I'd say Alpine or nothing!!

This is the unit I'm looking at putting into the new truck along with some BOOM BOOM under the center console.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ina-w900/

Note the address in the demo video is only a little ways from the old Adams Cali warehouse in Torrance... coincidence or does quality like to gather in close proximity? :D

you can deffinetly spend thousands on stereo system but he said he wanted something pretty cheap so i provided him with a cheap setup, but you could deff. make a nice setup for a few grand, ill always wanted to through in a 15" memphis mojo in my old chevy but didnt happend cus i got my new truck, but all you big stereo guys should look into digital designs and orion hcca subs prob the best you can get.

thats true, i guess it all on what the customer expects out of a stereo, if he just wants a little bang in the back and deck to run his ipod he could prob go cheap, but i deff understand spending big bucks on a stereo who doesnt want something you can hear blocks away and sounds clean in the vehicle to.

Archived