Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tips on cleaning wheel wells of lowered cars?

IMADreamer

Question

I have the Adams fender well brush and it works great when my wheels are off, but when I have them on the car it will just not fit between wheels and the car. I know I can't be the only one with this problem. Does anyone have a tip for getting all the road grime out?

Thanks

17 answers to this question

I get one side partially on ramps do the lifted side then switch. I saw Adam mention this before and it works great. If you have a low car check out Race Ramps. They have a low profile ramp that can be used with lowered cars. Alec you may be out of luck though. 1.5 inches is pretty darn low.

rofl, those things could never fit under my car. My frame rails are 1.5" off the ground and the front bumper is about .5-.75" off the ground.

Yea, my friend has those on his NSX and I tried them. No chance in hell lol.

I get one side partially on ramps do the lifted side then switch. I saw Adam mention this before and it works great. If you have a low car check out Race Ramps. They have a low profile ramp that can be used with lowered cars. Alec you may be out of luck though. 1.5 inches is pretty darn low.

rofl, those things could never fit under my car. My frame rails are 1.5" off the ground and the front bumper is about .5-.75" off the ground.

I don't own a pressure washer, and my floor jack won't fit under my GTO. After the wash, and spraying the wheel wells with APC and a wide "fan" stream of water: I'll pull her back into the garage, lay on the floor on my back and wipe out what I can with an old worn out cotton towel with VRT on it. Most all the visible areas in the wheel wells are plastic and clean pretty well this way.

Couldn't have said it better, pressurized water does the trick! I used to take an oil change ramp, and drive one wheel up it, then clean the two exposed wheel wells. Then, swap.

My $0.02 :thumbsup:

I like that idea.

I'll try the pressure washer too, I just think some of the winter grime may need some agitation. I have plenty of APC and GWC to do the trick though.

I spray the wheel wells with APC or GWC. Let it set a while then use pressure washer.:thumbsup:

Couldn't have said it better, pressurized water does the trick! I used to take an oil change ramp, and drive one wheel up it, then clean the two exposed wheel wells. Then, swap.

My $0.02 :thumbsup:

I spray the wheel wells with APC or GWC. Let it set a while then use pressure washer.:thumbsup:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">121.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"></TD><TD width="46%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's All Purpose Cleaner</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D015</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $8.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><FORM id=AddToCartForm_121_133 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_121_133 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_121_133_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d24%26SEName%3dcleaners method=post></FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Tough on dirt, but easy on your car! Adam's All-Purpose Cleaner replaces a whole shelf full of automotive cleaners for wheels, tires, engine, tar, insects and more!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">436.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"></TD><TD width="46%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Green Wheel Cleaner 16oz</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D029</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $9.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--var VariantMinimumQty_436_472 = 0;var SelectedVariantInventory_436_472 = 999857;function AddToCartForm_436_472_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1) { alert("Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"); theForm.Quantity.focus(); submitenabled(theForm); return (false); } submitenabled(theForm); return (true); }//--></SCRIPT><FORM id=AddToCartForm_436_472 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_436_472 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_436_472_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d24%26SEName%3dcleaners method=post></FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>

Our Eco-Friendly wheel cleaner is tough on brake dust, gentle on your wheels, and easy on the environment. It's a true, blue American-made solution to a green problem!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Archived