Customer Service 866.965.0400

What product should I use.

Camaro Freak

Question

17 answers to this question

I've personally used a VERY diluted mixture of VRT on the stripes of my little brothers 2010 Camaro SS and liked the results. It looks nice b/c he has the dark gray metallic paint and the stripes take on a new color when treated with VRT. Of course it will wash off each time you clean the car so thats something to keep in mind.

I've personally used a VERY diluted mixture of VRT on the stripes of my little brothers 2010 Camaro SS and liked the results. It looks nice b/c he has the dark gray metallic paint and the stripes take on a new color when treated with VRT. Of course it will wash off each time you clean the car so thats something to keep in mind.

Dylan, what did you use to dilute the VRT?

I wax the crap out of my cyber grey metallic stripes. I've used buttery, MSW and americana and boy do they shine. However I haven't had any experience with the matte vinyl. I would assume that Dylan's VRT idea would be your best bet on matte stripes.

Like Stephen said. As long as you're doing it by hand, just go right over them with any of the products you use on the rest of your car. :2thumbs:

That's one of the great advantages of Adam's products, you don't have to worry as much if you accidently get some wax on black molding or even vinyl!

:iagree:

Like Stephen said. As long as you're doing it by hand, just go right over them with any of the products you use on the rest of your car. :2thumbs:

Sounds like I am really going to like this stuff!! I can't wait to try it out. I will keep you guys posted, and many thanks.:bow:

You can wax over the stripes fine. Ive put Americana and buttery wax over all my vinyl.

OK great!!! Thanks for the advice. I have heard some horror stories on some peoples vinyl stripes, but have been told Adams wax wont leave residue on them. I appreciate your help.:rockon:

Archived