Customer Service 866.965.0400

How the Junkman Clean his Pads - The Videos!

Junkman2008

Question

How do I do it? It's called the Universal Pad Washer by Grit Guard!

padwasher.jpg

Let's face it, washing pads is the part of detailing that we hate doing. After all that buffing and wiping, you may want to throw those pads in a bucket and forget about them until later. This is not a good practice as it can cause your pads to wear out a little sooner than they normally would. Plus, you would probably need to wash them when you need to use them again, which would hold up your detailing regiment.

Well, there is an answer for that boring chore and as you will see in these videos, the Universal Pad Washer make child's play out of cleaning your pads. If this was something you really didn't look forward to, you are going to love this bucket! It works with just about every polisher out there so novices and professionals alike can take advantage of this sweet tool.

Check out the following videos and see for yourself. The secret to getting your pads as clean as possible is to wash them right away after use. Although the pads that I used in these videos had been dirty with PAINT for over a month, they still came relatively clean and it was quite easy. See for yourself!

pad_washer_video.jpg

You can watch the videos in this thread or double-click them and watch the bigger sizes from You Tube's website. At You Tube's site, you get to see the annotations within the videos that contain important and detailed information about my cleaning process.

:thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMKe2PPjY4&feature=plcp&context=C3e57225UDOEgsToPDskIAvy9I3qRzSUXfgRiSKsTD]The Pad Washer by Grit Guard - Pt. 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyHD9nbhTJ0&feature=plcp&context=C3f7513cUDOEgsToPDskLfGs4Ox7pMGxiRrEoZl2hE]The Pad Washer by Grit Guard - Pt. 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PKzvoiLLT8&feature=plcp&context=C361797fUDOEgsToPDskIt7RTgBtb_vplXCe7va58V]The Pad Washer by Grit Guard - Pt. 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I068knq1Db0&feature=plcp&context=C31a0c3cUDOEgsToPDskKwV7f9KA8p6z9kWsPdAdIL]The Pad Washer by Grit Guard - Pt. 4 - YouTube[/ame]

As you will hear me say in these videos, this bucket is not cheap, however, the time and headaches that I save by using this bucket to wash my pads is more than worth it. I wish that I had seen a review like this back when I first saw these buckets because i would have bought one years ago. It really makes cleaning your pads a breeze!

On the Adam's website now! :2thumbs:Universal Pad Washer by Grit Guard

The Junkman

I just ordered all the pads, swirl and haze, machine polish, and super wax. I ordered the waterless car wash and waffle towels, and two bug microfiber towels. I can't afford to buy the pad bucket cleaner yet. What can I clean the pads with without ruining them? P.s I use tge two bucket wash system with the grit guards. Now my wife thinks I'm nuts. Lol, but she will appreciate how good her vehicle will look. Thanks junkman!

Use the All Purpose Cleaner to clean the pads. Dose the pad with water and then spray a little APC onto the pad. Work it in with your fingers (you can also use a WW towel to GENTLY work the solution in). After that, THOROUGHLY rinse the pad clean. Make sure that you rinse the pad completely clean or you will have residue dust all over the place the next time you use them.

Set the pads somewhere where they will get plenty air flow across them as this helps them dry faster. Outdoors in direct sunlight is best. The white pad will take twice as long to dry as compared to the other pads.

I just ordered all the pads, swirl and haze, machine polish, and super wax. I ordered the waterless car wash and waffle towels, and two bug microfiber towels. I can't afford to buy the pad bucket cleaner yet. What can I clean the pads with without ruining them? P.s I use tge two bucket wash system with the grit guards. Now my wife thinks I'm nuts. Lol, but she will appreciate how good her vehicle will look. Thanks junkman!

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Does the pad washer work with 4" pads?

Yeah, stupid question.... but I'd like to know.

Letting them soak I believe is key here though... I'd almost be afraid to let them soak in APC for fear of degrading the adhesive used to hold the Velcro® like material on the back.

Chris

Only way to know is to try... that is a really long time to let polish dry in the foam, so it might be very difficult to get them completely clean. Plan on cleaning and repeating a few times as it might be needed to get all that old polish dissolved and out of the foam pores. I might suggest cleaning them in your sink with warm/hot water... the heat will help loosen things up for you.

That should be fine but pads are hard enough to get totally clean when you wait a week to clean them. Six months to a year? Man, that's going to be fun. They'll probably create a lot of dust when you use them if you don't get them totally clean. I don't know. I've never waited that long to clean some pads so I don't have a clue what shape they are in. You should always clean your pads once you finish the detail. Don't even wait until the next day.

That's why I like the Pad Washer. It makes the job a lot quicker and easier. :thumbsup:

Hi Junkman...Happy 2011 to you sir!

Quick question...I found a few pads I used on a detail I did maybe 6 months to a year ago. THey were new and only used that one time. Can they be saved? If so, how should I go about cleaning them? My cleaning practice is to use the Foam Pad Conditioning Brush and dump them in water with soap. Then dry off on towel. Thanks!

FYI, the padwasher is on the web site.

There seems to be an error though. On the accessories listing page it says it comes with a $15 gift cert.:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-15-accessories.aspx

When I clicked on the washer, the description page says it comes with a $20 gift cert.:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-484-universal-pad-washer.aspx

Might make a great daily special with some All Purpose Cleaner! :)

Good catch Terri! We are going to have to give you a raise! How much are we paying you right now? :D

FYI, the padwasher is on the web site.

There seems to be an error though. On the accessories listing page it says it comes with a $15 gift cert.:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-15-accessories.aspx

When I clicked on the washer, the description page says it comes with a $20 gift cert.:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-484-universal-pad-washer.aspx

Might make a great daily special with some All Purpose Cleaner! :)

Indeed Mike, that system works, and has been a solution that I've used for a decade. Now, when you want to take it to the next level, this is the way to go!

Made in the USA, our Polishing Pad Washing System is a great method to get rediculously clean pads in 1/4 the time.

:patriot:

Junkman for President!:cheers:

Wow, the big boss man himself responding to my post. :bow: Adam, thank you for your great products and a great place to continue the learning process :thumbsup:

He AJ, does the Grit Guard Pad Washer work with wool pads also? Or is something with spurs better for wool.

Yes it does Bert! It works with all types of pads and polishers. As Adam said, it makes real short work of cleaning up those pads, especially after a long detail when clean up is the last thing you feel like doing. :2thumbs:

Junkman...is there any detailing tool you DON'T have?? sm_laughing.gif

For those of us with girlfriends/fiances/wives that would kill us if they find one more "garage thing" hidden away, what about using the process found on Adam's site: Rinse the pad, spray it with APC, use your thumbs to press out the remaining product and rinse again. I know it may not be the BEST way, but will it work?

Thank you again for all the time you dedicate to making us more informed consumers and detailers! thumbsup.gif

Of course that way works! You just won't catch me doing it! :D

Indeed Mike, that system works, and has been a solution that I've used for a decade. Now, when you want to take it to the next level, this is the way to go!

Made in the USA, our Polishing Pad Washing System is a great method to get rediculously clean pads in 1/4 the time.

Thanks brutha' P! :thumbsup:

Junkman...is there any detailing tool you DON'T have?? sm_laughing.gif

For those of us with girlfriends/fiances/wives that would kill us if they find one more "garage thing" hidden away, what about using the process found on Adam's site: Rinse the pad, spray it with APC, use your thumbs to press out the remaining product and rinse again. I know it may not be the BEST way, but will it work?

Thank you again for all the time you dedicate to making us more informed consumers and detailers! thumbsup.gif

Archived