Customer Service 866.965.0400

I love my mac...

Team Adam's

So a few years ago I got fed up with my PC commiting suicide. It wasn't like I had cheap machines either, my father in law custom builds super high performance PC's as a hobby and has for years. They were awesome units, but a few years in without fail something would go wrong and I'd lose info or be down for a week while he replaced a board, etc.

I picked up a 24" Imac and have been in love with it, so much so that a couple of months ago I picked up a macbook which has also been a dream to use.

My one complaint has been the wireless "mighty mouse" that came with my imac... the little scroll ball would get glitchy and have issues. I got to a point where I was so fed up yesterday I went in and got the new wireless "Magic Mouse" I love it... the whole mouse is a touch multitouch panel so rather than moving a scroll wheel or a track ball you simply swipe your fingers over the surface. It even has momentum so if you swipe hard and fast the screen continues to roll.

http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgraF477ieU

Anyhoo... I'll get off my Mac soapbox... do we have any other apple fans in the building? :hi:

So a few years ago I got fed up with my PC commiting suicide. It wasn't like I had cheap machines either, my father in law custom builds super high performance PC's as a hobby and has for years. They were awesome units, but a few years in without fail something would go wrong and I'd lose info or be down for a week while he replaced a board, etc.

I picked up a 24" Imac and have been in love with it, so much so that a couple of months ago I picked up a macbook which has also been a dream to use.

My one complaint has been the wireless "mighty mouse" that came with my imac... the little scroll ball would get glitchy and have issues. I got to a point where I was so fed up yesterday I went in and got the new wireless "Magic Mouse" I love it... the whole mouse is a touch multitouch panel so rather than moving a scroll wheel or a track ball you simply swipe your fingers over the surface. It even has momentum so if you swipe hard and fast the screen continues to roll.

http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgraF477ieU

Anyhoo... I'll get off my Mac soapbox... do we have any other apple fans in the building? :hi:

I have basically the same setup -- a 24 inch imac (running a second external 24 inch monitor), a Macbook Pro, and a whole lot of hard drives and peripherals (for all the video editing I do). I've never really been a fan of Apple's mice, though -- I love my tired-and-true wired Microsoft optical mouse. :2thumbs:

Rich

I have a 15" MBP unibody and now that the HD is replaced I love it. It had a failing hard drive almost since day one but it caused sporadic problems that took A LOT of trips across Houston to the nearest Apple store to diagnose properly. Can't blame Apple or the techs for that though, such is the joy of owning computers.

I can still work much faster on a Windows machine though. Well, an XP machine, Win 7 is so vastly different it has slowed me down some but hopefully I will get use to it and OSX more and speed up.

They are both personal computers. One (PC) runs a Microsoft Operating system (XP, Vista, Windows 7), and one (Mac) runs an Apple Operating System (OSX). Apple also has their own proprietary (specific) hardware, unlike PCs which are manufactured by many different manufacturers, like Dell, HP, Sony, Toshiba ...

I - like you got fed up with PC about 2 years ago when I purchashed a new HP super computer about 3 years ago. After $2k on a tower (no monitor/peripherals) I was stoked on my new PC. After 5 (yes 5 :explode:) windows vista failures and my wife loosing all of her school work - 5 times (in a years time) . I purchased a 20" imac and have lived happily ever after. I literally thew my old PC off my balcony, so no poor sap will ever have to endure the nightmare that PC brought to my life.

Now since I've had my iMac for 2+ years and have never had a blue screen of death, never had a virus, spyware, malware, ect. Never had to spend any money on "protection software." I just got a free Macbook from work for making all of my target numbers for 6months straight. I will never ever ever ever purchase a PC again as long as I have a pulse.

Yea I'm a bit passionate about this subject :D

I've been using Apple products since the Apple IIe. I had the original Macintosh model in undergrad (late 80's). Fast forward several years and I got an iPod....loved that so much that I decided to re-check out their computers/OS. I took a class on the iLife suite of applications at the local Apple store in Peabody, MA and was hooked. I am on my 2nd MAC Mini and love it.

I bought an iMac about 8 years ago and haven't looked back since :2thumbs:

The big thing to me is with a MAC it just works, with a PC I had to work on it to be able to do any work with it. Way too high maintenance for me !!!!

I have been wanting a Mac but just never got one. Well this Valentine's day, my lovely wife brought me an iMac and I love it. The wireless keyboard and magic mouse are awesome. Still learning to use the different features on the OS but I'm having fun doing it. I do not think I will go back to a window's pc anytime soon, maybe never.:2thumbs:

LOL... let the mac love fest continue... after much debate and the fact I'll be building a new network whenever we move into the new house I went out and bought myself a 2TB Time Capsule :D

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC343/Time-Capsule-1TB?mco=MTY5NjUyMDY

You'll love the Time Capsule, the thing is amazing !!!!!

I picked up my first mac this past June because I too was sick and tired of PC's. The computer was great until the 1 year mark, then it's all over - couldn't deal with it anymore. I absolutely love my MAC. The only things I dislike about my MAC is the fact there's no Active-X controls, so I can't view my security camera system for my house on my computer. And I don't like that I can't buy a computer game and play it on the MAC. But other than that, I love it!

LOL... let the mac love fest continue... after much debate and the fact I'll be building a new network whenever we move into the new house I went out and bought myself a 2TB Time Capsule :D

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC343/Time-Capsule-1TB?mco=MTY5NjUyMDY

:drool: I'm jealous. Get yourself some AT&T U-Verse broadband internet to support that network.

You can't play games on a MAC???:(:(

Why not??

Gaming is a realm that apple hasn't ventured into, but with the way they seem to enjoy invading new markets I don't see it being too far off.

In reality I'm not much of a computer gamer anyways, thats what I have an XBox and XBL for... my macs are for work use, photos, music, videos, etc.

Archived