Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishers, Buffers..ECT..

coxy

Question

Just getting back into the detailing again since the kids are all grown up and just restored a Vette....

Is PC the best machine for the money? any other ones out there i should look at??:pc:

Great site found you guys thru the digital corvette.com

Coxy

16 answers to this question

<TABLE class=comparison_chart cellSpacing=2><TBODY><TR class=grey_bg><TD class=td_image>7346SP_1.gif</TD><TD>7346SP</TD><TD>6" Variable-Speed Random Orbit Sander with Polishing Pad</TD><TD align=middle>120 VAC, 60 HZ </TD><TD align=middle>4.5 Amps</TD><TD align=middle>2,500-6,800 opm</TD><TD align=middle>Accepts 5/16 - 24 </TD><TD align=middle>6 "</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It is a sander also! I would stay away from this for auto Polishing. This is for the wood shop! IMHO:2thumbs:

Wow, neat find. Seems that 1 owner didn't enjoy the car nearly enough!

Like the others have said, the PC is a great mix of reasonable cost, EXCELLENT construction, and effectiveness. Don't try to save a few bucks buying something cheaper; it won't likely have the comfort, power and durability that you want.

Also, talk to the shop painting your car and ask them specifics about how long to wait after the paint job before you start polishing, waxing, etc. I know some shops advice you not to do anything for a few months after a paint job. :thumbsup:

I would just get a PC. i have had mine for a few years and have used the hell out of it and never had anything it couldnt work out. I rarely use my dewalt rotary anymore cause the PC does a great job. nice looking vette keep us updated on the process

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The PC will be more than adequate to do most paint correction in a safe/effective manner, plus its just about the most durable polisher on the market... the things just a worry free work horse. Other choices, like the flex, have well documented issues that require servicing.

:iagree::welcomebanner:

The PC will be more than adequate to do most paint correction in a safe/effective manner, plus its just about the most durable polisher on the market... the things just a worry free work horse. Other choices, like the flex, have well documented issues that require servicing.

:iagree:

post-2263-13681801746_thumb.jpg

post-2263-136818017468_thumb.jpg

post-2263-136818017475_thumb.jpg

here is where i started with the vette... it's getting painted right now so when i am done i will put them up...

It's a 1980 and i found it with 32,000 on it 1 owner.

and thanks for the info.. i am going with the PC:pc:

:iagree::welcomebanner: Marc! :pc:

if your just starting out get a pc I had another brand that was basically the same thing that i got for a few dollars cheaper but i just bought a pc. the pc would be better for you if your just starting out again into doing this because you cant really hurt your paint with it. The flex you can damage your paint if your not careful but its a great tool as well. just check out junkmans videos on here he explains it well.

Archived