Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wierd For Some But Normal For Us

DP 08 GXP

Question

it is sunday night and i just checked the 10 day outlook for the weather. Ohio will finally be breaking into the 40's this coming weekend so i am sure most of you can figure out what ill be doing. to say i am excited is an understatement. it has been way to long since i got to put a full detail on my car and it has been driving me nuts. plans are:

wash

clay

put the 1st coat of americana my car has ever seen and myself for that matter

sweeping out and cleaning the interior

leather cleaning and conditioning

VRT

IUCS

BSG

i dont trust Ohio's weather enough to do the full blown detail involving the polishing steps but that will come soon enough. i will for sure get some pics up when i get it all done.

oh and a side note. i got my first detail through my advertising on facebook...one of my friends wants just the interior done but i am sure once i show him how i can do an interior he will let me do the rest and hopefully my skills spread like wildfire lol

19 answers to this question

Was 65 here yesterday so did a freinds impala SS and gave the svo and slaeen a wipe down. If i wasnt working all weekend i would roll the torino in the middle of the garage and do a full blown work up on it but that will have to wait

It was a bit too cold today (about 37F for a high) to start mine. There was also a line at the car wash in town (the self-serve wand place). I have to use the in town wash because I can't get to the outside tap on my house yet due to snow. Also, we have very hard water here at our house. So, the wand place will get some of my business. I hope they don't chase me away for hand washing the car when I do go there.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 50F. I will at least uncover the Camaro and put leather conditioner on the interior.

I'm pretty excited to get it out. I bought it on Jan. 23, drove it home from the dealer, and covered it. It's been sitting there ever since. I can't wait to put a few miles on it and to polish up that paint.

My husband thinks I'm nuts for having purchased all these detailing supplies. But, he says if it makes me happy that it's all ok with him. I look at this new car as my hobby and keeping it beautiful is important to me.

I'm with the OP. I don't trust PA weather either! That being said: With the potential for some decent weather I'm already planning to give my DD's exterior a real good washing, but spend most of my time on the interior. There's just too much salt and cinders on the road yet to begin paint correction.

We were finally able to wash the charger yesterday. Instead of being hemi orange it was white and black from all the salt and road grime.

It looks like it is going to warm up to the 50's for the end of the week. That means the challenger can come back out!!

This year:

Feb. 28, 2010

20 degrees and four feet of snow.

000_2610.jpg

Last year:

March 5, 2009

62 degrees and buds on the trees.

000_1849.jpg

What a difference a year makes. :(

Yeah, that sounds normal.

Okay, yesterday I was waxing the XLR and it was pouring down rain outside. I'm sure the neighbors added another checkmark in the "he is nuts" column.

Bruce

:lolsmack: I did that yesterday too!

Yeah, that sounds normal.

Okay, yesterday I was waxing the XLR and it was pouring down rain outside. I'm sure the neighbors added another checkmark in the "he is nuts" column.

Today was worth it, Supercar Sunday at the local mall, I dropped the top and pulled her out and she looked beautiful.

Bruce

Archived