Customer Service 866.965.0400

Your fav. thing to use on Chrome rims that...

FinishedDetailing

Question

12 answers to this question

Nope, no pictures. Car just came in for a wash, (he's doin me a marketing favor, so I gave him a free wash) and when I got to cleaning off the rims I noticed what I originally thought was dirt, led into me doing some scrubbing and nothing coming off.

The rest of the wash went fine, but when you look at the rims, they still looked grimy and dirty. I tried a spot w/detail spray and then a small spot with simple green.

I didn't dab into the metal polish because it was just a wash and we had time constraints, so I didn't want to dive into trying to polish the rim's.

So any tips or tricks of the trade on pit or very dirty chrome rims would help.

I was just a little thrown off cus the car is so new, but I'm sure our chicago salt trucks put chemicals in the salt and that cant be great on chrome rims.

If the pitting is bad theres not much you can do. Pitting is an actual void in the chrome where its been eaten away. Give some metal polish a shot, but don't expect a miracle... this is why it so very important to wax/seal wheels before the winter.

This is true! :(

green wheel cleaner should make short work of the brake dust. Also you can try the metal polish number one to bring out more shine. As a warning alway test the metal polish on small spot, not noticable, first to ensure that it will not damage the rim. You can also try taking the rims to a pro wheel restorer to see if they can help with the pitting.

Archived