Customer Service 866.965.0400

Motorcycle detailing using car products?

GGEVOXFTMFW

Question

Hey guys,

Ive always kept up with my own bikes using spray detail after each ride, clay when I first get one, and nice hd cleaner to get road dust/grime off wheels. Ive been using the meguiars stage polishes and two coats of nxt 2.0. My bikes are never dirty enough to get washed, because I never put them away dirty. When I bought my black bike it was hazed from hell, and i used menz sip on it. Took it right out. Ive read its not safe to use car polish products on motorcylces, yet ive never had a problem myself? Ive been asked by a few people to do their bikes now that theyve seen my website I made. So im just making sure i'll be okay, and what other people have been using as well. Would love tips on chopper/harley style bikes seeing as ive only had sport bikes. So i dont have to run out and get motorcycle specific products. Thanks guys

My B King I ride now

DSCF2470-2.jpg

DSCF2467-2.jpg

DSCF2464-2.jpg

My old busa:drool:

busapic3.jpg

DSCF0473-1.jpg

DSCF0469-3.jpg

11 answers to this question

Looking great. I can't wait for some warm weather to get here. I ride a Ninja 650r, that needs some exercise... And yes, I use the Adams products on her as well. Anything they can do to your car, they can do to the bike... Enjoy.:thumbsup:

Nice bike. I cannot see why you could not use Adams products. I know quite a few people on here do.

Ya Ive never had a problem, but i was bored earlier today on youtube and searching motorcycle detailing seeing if there was anything i was missing. One guy said you cant use harsh auto polishes because motorcycle finishes are not like car finishes. Said it would screw up the paint. Never had heard of that before he said it haha

I've ridden Harley's most of my adult life, always used car care products. I think someone was trying to sell "special" motorcycle cleaners or something. Detail on, it's safe.

Bruce

I've ridden Harley's most of my adult life, always used car care products. I think someone was trying to sell "special" motorcycle cleaners or something. Detail on, it's safe.

Bruce

It was a guy who had a video of his before and after detailing service.

Anything that Adam's makes is safe for your motorcycle too. You just don't want to get any VRT or wax on the tire treads themselves. Wouldn't make for good traction.

Beautiful bike! :2thumbs:

Anything that Adam's makes is safe for your motorcycle too. You just don't want to get any VRT or wax on the tire treads themselves. Wouldn't make for good traction.

Beautiful bike! :2thumbs:

Ya, when I was googling for pricing I found one place that put tire shine on their bike details. I was like...:lolsmack:

Ya Ive never had a problem, but i was bored earlier today on youtube and searching motorcycle detailing seeing if there was anything i was missing. One guy said you cant use harsh auto polishes because motorcycle finishes are not like car finishes. Said it would screw up the paint. Never had heard of that before he said it haha

LMAO... sounds like that guy was trying to create artificial value in his services/knowledge. The paint on a motorcycle is the same kind of paints used to paint cars, the different metals are no different than the materials you'd find under the hood, on the wheels, or the suspension of a car, etc.

The only area I'd consider bike detailing to have a unique problem would be wind screens and that plastic material, but even there regular polishes will help with swirls and scratches on those.

Archived