Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where are all the 72-2005-ish Camaros?

Marylander

It just occurred to me that I hardly ever see ANY older Camaros, either here on the forum or out on the road. Isn't anyone driving/collecting those anymore? Have imports kicked the Camaros to the dustbin? Or is it just here in the DC area? Kinda sad, actually. When I was a teenager in the 80s Camaros and Firebirds were everywhere. :confused:

We have one that still needs to be finished but its not a 72-2005. Its a 70. We are in no hurry to get it done right away. We are taking our time putting it back as close to original as possible. It will be a street legal dragstrip car. It still needs a race trans and a 572 crate motor.

It will be blue like our 76 Vette when its done being painted. We are not sure whether or not we should put black stripes or white on it??

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

It just occurred to me that I hardly ever see ANY older Camaros, either here on the forum or out on the road. Isn't anyone driving/collecting those anymore? Have imports kicked the Camaros to the dustbin? Or is it just here in the DC area? Kinda sad, actually. When I was a teenager in the 80s Camaros and Firebirds were everywhere. :confused:

I thought the same thing not only Camaro's, Chevelle's, GTO's 442's not to many older muscle cars. Just new muscle cars.:rockon: On the forum!

We have one that still needs to be finished but its not a 72-2005. Its a 70. We are in no hurry to get it done right away. We are taking our time putting it back as close to original as possible. It will be a street legal dragstrip car. It still needs a race trans and a 572 crate motor.

It will be blue like our 76 Vette when its done being painted. We are not sure whether or not we should put black stripes or white on it??

I can't wait to see you get that car together. It's going to be sweet. Can I talk you into painting it yellow with black stripes? :jester:

I just got the 2010 SS in October.... Can I get back with you in 25 years on that? :lol:

There are several running around here in Tulsa. Most of them look like they aren't cared for. Saw one almost get totaled a couple nights ago on the way to work. Must have been a early '90's Camaro running the left lane doing way more than the speed limit. Some one in a mini van getting on the highway pulled directly into the left lane. If the Camaro driver wasn't paying attention, it would have been very bad.

I thought it went to 02

It did. That is why no one ever sees an 03, 04, or 05 Camaro. I was going to post this but you beat me to it.

Ok, wise-guys... that's why I wrote "2005-ish" in the title! :jester:

It's hard to believe it was 2002, though -- that seems like a long time ago.

Archived