Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black Vehicles!

ExpressThis13

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just bought it about a week ago from lowes. $238 plus tax and mounting brackets. It is a pretty descent box. Made by Better Built and then Lowes puts a big Kobalt Emblem on it (which I took of, although they had some at lowes the were pop riveted on). My last truck had black low profile box made by UWS. Which it seemed to be a little more solid made, but so far I still like this one (specially for the price). I think I paid about 400 for the black one. Picture of my old truck with box.

377676.jpg

That is exactly the one that i was looking at. Did you get the plastic brakets that slide on the inside of the bed rail to attach the box. I saw that they just reduce that box to 180 at my local lowes.

Yeah I did get those brackets. The tool box comes with pre drilled holes in it for those brackets, but they way they have them drilled you have to install 2 brackets on each side (2 packs of brackets). I didn't relize that till I got home. I first mouted the brackets in one of the pre drilled holes. I used the ones closet to the lid opening and you could pick up the tool box on the hinge side, closet to cab. Didn't like that is why I drilled the new holes.

So I just drilled new holes in the middle of those 2 sets of predrilled holes and it holds it pretty good. Then I cut up a cheap rubber mat and covered the holes.

DSC06495.jpg?t=1269896048

DSC06497.jpg?t=1269896084

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Good lookin' truck Brad... what kind of lift?

It has a 6" BDS suspension lift and a 1.5 Zone Body Lift.

And my PC Kit came today while I was washing the truck:banana:

And your black car pics are UNREAL!!!! Amazing:cheers:

Archived