Customer Service 866.965.0400

green wheel cleaner?

Darth_Emma

Question

I have painted aluminum wheels on my new Camaro. I got a 16 oz bottle of Green Wheel Cleaner with my Adam's Detail Kit this week. The bottle says not to use GWC on polished aluminum wheels (I didn't get polished aluminum) unless diluted.

Is the Green Wheel Cleaner safe to use on my painted aluminum wheels or should I just use All Purpose Cleaner to play it safe?

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

It should be fine, it works great on the painted aluminum wheels on my Frontier. If your wheels never get too dirty you may want to try 50/50 GWC and water, just to make it last longer. Another option is Adam's car wash (normal dilution) in a bottle with a foaming sprayer. This works great on 'maintained' wheels - almost like a foam gun :

carwashfoamer002.jpg

My plan is to use the carwash shampoo to start with along with the boars hair brush (when I wash the rest of the car). But, if there's any dirt on the wheels I can't get off with that, then I'll use the GWC with the boars hair brush. Thanks everyone.

My plan is to use the carwash shampoo to start with along with the boars hair brush (when I wash the rest of the car). But, if there's any dirt on the wheels I can't get off with that, then I'll use the GWC with the boars hair brush. Thanks everyone.

Good plan :2thumbs:

Another option is Adam's car wash (normal dilution) in a bottle with a foaming sprayer. This works great on 'maintained' wheels - almost like a foam gun

:iagree:My wheels don't get too dirty, so this is all I need to get them clean.

Archived