Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal polish...

Faze

Question

I know this is a big topic to many...

Whats the best way prepping the metal before you polish it?

Whats the best steps as far as using the metal polish?

Would throwing a coat of super wax help it stay clean/protect?

Would something like this make the job easier?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2096_46473481

8 answers to this question

Hey Jason, what kind of wheels are you polishing? Billet? Pot metal / American Racing Mags? What condition are they in?

Post up some photos of the rims you are talking about, and we'll get you a process nailed.

Using a heavy wool cutting ball on wasted rims might work, but can also be overkill, and damage high quality aluminum.

There is wheel acid, cotton buffing cones, bar-compound and bench mounted cutting wheels, plenty of ways to get aluminum to perfect. Depends on what you are polishing, however!

I removed your link to a competitor website. Do that again brother and you are :banned:

Thanks Jason! :lolsmack:

should i use just the microfiber pads and just rub away, then top it off with either super wax or americana... i know this guy will buy nothing but the best if he knows its the best...

what would give a nice after gloss?

On the outer rim follow Chris's advice :thumbsup:

But no need for a lot of rubbing, just put a little MP on a MF applicator and wipe it down, wait for it to haze over and remove. It is all covered in Adam's video's :hi:

For the center section just wash and follow with a little MSW by hand and they will be easier to clean for months :thumbsup:

But no need for a lot of rubbing, just put a little MP on a MF applicator and wipe it down, wait for it to haze over and remove. It is all covered in Adam's video's :hi:

For the center section just wash and follow with a little MSW by hand and they will be easier to clean for months :thumbsup:

:iagree:

:iagree::thumbsup:

Archived