Customer Service 866.965.0400

? For the Detailing Gurus

kpromero

Question

Just purchsed a new 2010 Toyota 4Runner which is Blizzard Pearl. What would be best to wax and should i wait to do or is it good to do now?

I purchaced a detail kit from Adam's Last year. The porter cable and don't remember which waxes and polishes were with it.

21 answers to this question

was told it was a paint protection and undercoating. Came with a bottle of toyota brand wax.

I have worked for a local chevy and ford dealer here and most of the time the paint protection they list is a joke trust me.I remember at chevy they had us out a coat of liquid glass on the paint and they list it as paint prtection lol. Just use your adams and it will b protected fine.

i would do clay if needed then coat of revive to clean up the paint and then some buttery. A new car shouldnt be to bad so you shouldnt need FPM and the revive does a great job at cleaning the paint.same for your dads truck. good wash followed by clay if needed and then revive or FPM depending on the condition of the paint followed by some buttery

Just placed order for 1 gallon detail spray, bottle of all purpose spray, buttery wax, machine super wax, leather cleaner and conditioner, and a bottle of revive. Hopefully I am set to wax new vehicle for first time.

Can the buttery wax and revive be done with the PC?

Yeap - revive on the white pad, and buttery on the black. :thumbsup:

Just placed order for 1 gallon detail spray, bottle of all purpose spray, buttery wax, machine super wax, leather cleaner and conditioner, and a bottle of revive. Hopefully I am set to wax new vehicle for first time.

Can the buttery wax and revive be done with the PC?

Thanks to all for the replies. Looks like i need to place an order for butter wax or americana, leather cleaner and conditioner Time to bust out the porter cable.

I have been using the meguires detail spray since i bought it. Thinks its ultimate quick detail.

Wait until you try Adam's DS, its awesome.

Thanks to all for the replies. Looks like i need to place an order for butter wax or americana, leather cleaner and conditioner Time to bust out the porter cable.

I have been using the meguires detail spray since i bought it. Thinks its ultimate quick detail.

A little off topic, but can we get some pics of the marauder. I love em.

these are all i have anymore. This was a few years ago when i came home to see my folks. I miss that car. I am wanting tog et another one this next year.

If you are going to place an order i would get the leather and interior cleaner and leather conditioner from adams. i used the conditioner on my 03 marauder from day one and when i sold it the leather looked brand new and was just as soft. Very nice looking SUV. What did the shiled package include?

A little off topic, but can we get some pics of the marauder. I love em.

For the new ota I would start with the baggie test, but only after I removed the floor mat. :lolsmack: Odds are it will need to be clayed because cars pick up alot of crap on dealer lots. once the paint is smooth I would remove any scratches or swirls with either SHR or FMP depending on their severity. I would then go with a coat of MSW, let it sure then top it with americana, and your new ota will shine.

If you are going to place an order i would get the leather and interior cleaner and leather conditioner from adams. i used the conditioner on my 03 marauder from day one and when i sold it the leather looked brand new and was just as soft. Very nice looking SUV. What did the shiled package include?

Yes pads also. I think black, orange, white, green. I need to pull it all out again to really tell you, but i paid like $250 or so for it.

This is alo my first vehicle with leather so suggestions for that also would be appreciated.

i got the vehicle shield package on it too.

pict0377m.jpg

I would do the baggie test to see if it needs some claying, clay in needed then maybe some revive to clean the paint up and a coat of BW followed by 2 coats of americana. Maybe a coat of wax once a month? Anyone else aggree? My cars get a coat weekly lol or every 2 weeks but I am a little anal about my cars being clean. Welcome to the forum. The MSW does the same as american so u can use that. Just follow the directions and let it cure and the paint should be well protected. Did your kit come with the pads for the PC?

Archived