Customer Service 866.965.0400

GM reinstates my local Chevy dealer!!

IMADreamer

They got the letter yesterday that they get to keep their franchise. I can't tell you what good news this is for our town. Sure they only employ a dozen or so people but it's a trickle down effect really. They advertise in the local paper and on radio so that's money kept locally. They also help out the school by advertising at games and such. On top of that now people can continue to buy Chevy locally and get their cars worked on locally.

This is such good news and I'm glad GM did the right thing. I know some dealers that weren't profitable needed to go probably, but this dealer was profitable and here in my small town the impact of a a business closing is much more then closing a dealer in a big city.

When I heard the news last year GM was closing them I swore off GM forever. I was afraid I was going to have to buy Ford. lol but I still intend to support my local Chevy dealer now. :thumbsup:

We still have alot of dealerships in the Motor City.

I drive past one of our Local Chevy dealers on my way to work in the morning. Sometimes I can't help myself but to pull into the parking lot and look at all the new Camaros and Corvettes. I love looking at them. :D

My husband gets worried when I start getting a bug to trade in my car and get a new one. When I get that feeling I jump right to it and start looking without anyone knowing. I will never forget when I told him I was heading to sign papers on a MOPAR. He is such a Chevy man. :lolsmack:

My next car will probably be a new Camaro and I would only want the 2SS.

there is quite a few dealers in my area. I have one a couple miles away and another 2 within 25 miles. My mom went and bought a 2010 2SS Camaro Dark Grey color last weekend. Man have those cars come along when since before they quit making them. They are selling like hot cakes around here. Dealer barely keeps them a week.

Archived