Customer Service 866.965.0400

SHR question

goincd3

Question

Hey all, I detailed my ride a few months back, full paint correction and all. I can see some swirls on the car now and want to fix them. Am I going to have to re polish and re wax the areas that I use the SHR on? In other words, will the SHR and PC strip any wax/polish that may be on the car already?

13 answers to this question

This is the reason I say to perfect a spot before moving on to the rest of the car. If you can't make one spot right, then the rest of the car will look exactly like the spot you started in. By perfecting a spot, you develop the proper technique to apply to the rest of the car.

A lot of folks are so eager to get the car done and see the results that they totally skip that rule. The only thing that does is set you up for disappointment. Remember, the spot you perfect has to live up to your acceptable standards. YOU make the call. :thumbsup:

Edited by Junkman2008

Just one clarification, SHR doesn't remove polish. YOU remove polish when you wipe the surface down after polishing. No polish remains on the surface, if it did the wax would never bond to the surface. Then you apply the wax of your choice :thumbsup:

Just one clarification, SHR doesn't remove polish. YOU remove polish when you wipe the surface down after polishing. No polish remains on the surface, if it did the wax would never bond to the surface. Then you apply the wax of your choice :thumbsup:

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.