Customer Service 866.965.0400

First detail ever! - with pics!

Darth_Emma

Question

Ok, gang. You've asked for pictures and I said I'd post some once I cleaned my car up a bit. I didn't do a "full detail" with the PC today, but I washed, clayed, used revive polish by hand, and then waxed with Americana. I also used the new glass sealer which is fab! I will do a better job once the weather dries out a bit and I'll use the PC. I didn't bother with undercarriage spray today because we live in the country (as you can see) and the driveway is a bit muddy. (We have a gravel driveway). Anyway, here are a few after pictures. (I wish the sun had been out. Oh well.)

Looks Great Terri! I love the color too, but as you can see from my Avatar the G8 is similar. I am curious how much tint you can legally do in Ohio. I know my luck they will pull me over especially the State Patrol. I have been stopped on the way to work at 5AM for a stupid license plate light. I would like to tint the G8 but don't want the hassle with the cops. Junkman, Dylan, Adam and all the others won't steer you wrong. It's great when us amateurs can use the products and get great results.

Rain is supposed to wash the salt off the roads the weekend, it may be time to get the G8 out again and enjoy it.

Looks Great Terri! I love the color too, but as you can see from my Avatar the G8 is similar. I am curious how much tint you can legally do in Ohio. I know my luck they will pull me over especially the State Patrol. I have been stopped on the way to work at 5AM for a stupid license plate light. I would like to tint the G8 but don't want the hassle with the cops. Junkman, Dylan, Adam and all the others won't steer you wrong. It's great when us amateurs can use the products and get great results.

Rain is supposed to wash the salt off the roads the weekend, it may be time to get the G8 out again and enjoy it.

tint laws in Ohio are 50% on the front 2 and you can go as dark as you want on the rears.....when i had 20% all the around on my GTP i got 2 tickets for tint from the highway patrol...i went with 35% up front on my GXP and havent been bothered since

What DP says is what I read too: the law in Ohio is 50% for front side windows and rear side and back window can be as dark as you want. I am going to have my windows tinted in the next couple of weeks and I'm going to go with 35% all around. The tinting guy I talked to recommended that.

I am doing what I can to not become a cop magnet (they seem to love to stop Camaros). I put the front plate on the car (I got a no-drill plate bracket though) because I didn't want an officer to look for reasons to stop me. I am going to get the 35% tint and keep my foot a bit light on the gas pedal. I hope I can get away with 35% without trouble.

Car looks great! Those new Camaro's are sick! On another note, I don't know what I would do if I lived in Ohio... Limit in Saint Louis is 35% on front windows... I have 5 all the way around, and 35% on the whole front windshield. Nobody can see up in my car!

The funniest thing happened in the Camaro5 forums today. I posted a couple of the pictures of my freshly-detailed Camro there and I've had several Camaro owners pm me to ask me how I got such great shine on my Camaro.

In that forum, they have a section for each member to create and keep a car diary. So, I posted all of my information there. I just told them all to use Adam's products because even a noob like me can use them.

Terri,

Fantastic job on that Camaro :rockon::rockon:

Glad that you used a no drill bracket for your front plate. Now when you show it off at the car shows, you can take that plate off.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm not sure I'd ever show it, but I just couldn't stand the thought of holes in my front bumper. This bracket also makes the front plate sit a bit lower than the stock bracket and I prefer this look (I'd prefer no plate in front, but Ohio law requires it and I want to avoid a ticket for that). This bracket it pretty easy to take off (only 4 screws/bolts). So, if I ever move to a state that doesn't require a front plate, I can just take it off.

Archived