Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should I Get Revive?

DP 08 GXP

Question

well the last things i need to get to complete my Adam's collection is the Revive and fire hose nozzle. i have been searching and searching on the topic of revive and it seems kind of a toss up to what people think. i was thinking of getting it to add some depth and in case i missed any scratches in my correction as a filler. i also have seen some people use it with the PC and a white pad with little pressure which is the way i was thinking of using it. what do all of you think? should i get it or am i just repeating a step that the FMP does? any and ALL input is appreciated. thanks!

I consider Revive to be less aggressive than FMP. That's my personal take. Maybe other feel differently. I'll check out your other thread. You have a link?

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6077

Interesting...the FMP made the surface so smooth, that the mf towel squeaked as I wiped away the polish....how much smoother does it need to be? :D I guess when I have nothing else to purchase, I'll check it out.

Get the Revive, you'll love it. It is a polish that you can use when just doing a simple "wash&wax" on a car that doesn't really need a full polish. It is 20 minutes well spent to get that extra POP :thumbsup:

Bill are you saying you can go over a whole car with Revive in 20 minutes? Just curious.

So what I am gathering here is that you can use a wash/revive/wax/BSG regimine between the serious polishing details?

Define exactly what you want to accomplish with each step and I will give my opinion. Of course washing is to get the car clean so that goes without saying.

Define exactly what you want to accomplish with each step and I will give my opinion. Of course washing is to get the car clean so that goes without saying.

Just to keep a handle on microscratches and other small issues...I'd prefer to not have to use SHR all that often unless its NEEDED. Keeping the exterior 90% show ready would be nice.

Just to keep a handle on microscratches and other small issues...I'd prefer to not have to use SHR all that often unless its NEEDED. Keeping the exterior 90% show ready would be nice.

If you are doing it by hand, then Revive is what you want. By machine, FMP all the way. You can use Revive by machine too.

If you are doing it by hand, then Revive is what you want. By machine, FMP all the way. You can use Revive by machine too.

So FMP and Revive are essentially "sister" products. One for the PC...one for hand use...Fair enough...I don't need more products than necessary.

Junkman, care to check out my "Deep Scratches" thread and weigh in as well?

So FMP and Revive are essentially "sister" products. One for the PC...one for hand use...Fair enough...I don't need more products than necessary.

Junkman, care to check out my "Deep Scratches" thread and weigh in as well?

I consider Revive to be less aggressive than FMP. That's my personal take. Maybe other feel differently. I'll check out your other thread. You have a link?

Get the Revive, you'll love it. It is a polish that you can use when just doing a simple "wash&wax" on a car that doesn't really need a full polish. It is 20 minutes well spent to get that extra POP :thumbsup:

I don't do many dark colored cars so I haven't used FMP. When I did the vette which is dark red, I used 2 drops of revive and 1 drop of SHR on the white pad, and I was able to accomplish the goal of FMP which is to remove the microdamage done by the more aggressive SHR. this damage is only apparent on darker colors

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6077

Interesting...the FMP made the surface so smooth, that the mf towel squeaked as I wiped away the polish....how much smoother does it need to be? :D I guess when I have nothing else to purchase, I'll check it out.

That's what FMP was supposed to do. ;)

I don't do many dark colored cars so I haven't used FMP. When I did the vette which is dark red, I used 2 drops of revive and 1 drop of SHR on the white pad, and I was able to accomplish the goal of FMP which is to remove the microdamage done by the more aggressive SHR. this damage is only apparent on darker colors

Interesting. :)

Interesting. :)

It may not be 100% flawless, but considering what this looked like beforehand, I'd say it's a proven alternative method

Picture-032.jpg

One judge to another: "He's still got wax res...oh...nevermind that's a cloud." :D

Lawson 4450 sent me a bottle of Revive (Thanks again. I WILL be ordering asap); will that take out scratches, or would it be better to just use it after the PC and SHR I'd like to get when I also get a PC (by Dec I'm hoping)?:confused:

Lawson 4450 sent me a bottle of Revive (Thanks again. I WILL be ordering asap); will that take out scratches, or would it be better to just use it after the PC and SHR I'd like to get when I also get a PC (by Dec I'm hoping)?:confused:

Well, here's an opportunity for you to answer that question yourself. Personally, you couldn't pay me to try and remove scratches by hand because it is way more work than I am going to do. However, why don't you give it a try and let us know how it goes? It is not like you're going to hurt anything. Not in this lifetime...

each one offers a unique set of characteristics that make it a valuable part of your collection IMO.

Dylan, could you elaborate maybe what each is good for and and why? Your reply got me wondering. I have a full bottle of revive polish and dont know what to use it for (came with a kit)....

Dylan, could you elaborate maybe what each is good for and and why? Your reply got me wondering. I have a full bottle of revive polish and dont know what to use it for (came with a kit)....

As was stated earlier in this thread, FMP is marketed and made to be used on the PC, and Revive is marketed and made to be used by hand. That is the number one difference between the two. Personally, I like to use Revive after FMP on flat colors, especially dark colors to give them that extra pop. I don't do that to colors with loud pearl flakes because they seem to pop enough after FMP. When I am using Revive, I am trying to create more depth to the shine and flat colors can look deeper because the pearl flake is not in the way.

Look at the depth in the shine on these flat black cars. Flat colors deliver more depth.

bloomington10.jpg

black_swirlcar10.jpg

Now check out this pearl black. Looks good, but the pearl kinda kills some of the depth.

jersey17.jpg

That's why I use Revive on flat dark colors.

I haven't used Revive yet, it's still on my to-buy list, the feeling I've gotten from reading the product page and the description is that it's good to use when waxing and don't need any paint correction. That it will clean and give that extra pop before you wax. FMP is then better used when going through a paint correction routing with S&H.

Dylan or anyone have any comment on this? Like I said, this is just going on the sense I've gotten from what I've read and not from experience.

Speaking of my to-buy list, Revive, BSG, and hex applicator pads would make a nice daily special combo. ;)

Edit: Add Clear Polish and the new Glass Sealant too. :bow::bow:

i dont know if this question can really be answered or not but im goin to through it out there anyways....is there certain paints that the revive would make look better?

also im assuming a white pad can be used with revive?

Archived