Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not so Smart Car

Rich

I don't think that was a smart car in the crash photo. WAY too much metal... Kinda looks like a Chevy wheel...

Here's a perfect example of how SAFE the smart car is. Pound for pound it's probably one of the safest cars out there.

It's designed really for one thing. Crowded down town areas where parking is minimal. It's perfect for it's designed market but people think they're cute and use them in other areas of the country.

I don't think that was a smart car in the crash photo. WAY too much metal... Kinda looks like a Chevy wheel...

Here's a perfect example of how SAFE the smart car is. Pound for pound it's probably one of the safest cars out there.

It's designed really for one thing. Crowded down town areas where parking is minimal. It's perfect for it's designed market but people think they're cute and use them in other areas of the country.

:iagree:

The smart has a 3-lug wheel while the crushed car has a 5-lug wheel.

I sat in a a Smart at an auto show and was flabberghasted by how cheap the interior was -- forget about the size and goofy look, I wouldn't buy one just because it seemed dramatically over-priced for what you get. And besides, my VW gets better mileage. :jester:

I'd take this one :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDU5BU_qSJU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDU5BU_qSJU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived