Customer Service 866.965.0400

First detail Complete

IowaEmt1991

Question

17 answers to this question

Thanks for the tips on engine bay cleaning, everyone. Next nice day, I'll be out there with APC and VRT and some towels and sponges. I want to keep it looking good.

I like how Eric put the Adam's sticker in his engine compartment. Nice touch.

I thought so too :banana:

Thanks for the tips on engine bay cleaning, everyone. Next nice day, I'll be out there with APC and VRT and some towels and sponges. I want to keep it looking good.

I like how Eric put the Adam's sticker in his engine compartment. Nice touch.

Looks great Eric!

Wow! Eric, that looks fabulous! Nice job.

How did you clean the engine bay? I haven't done my Camaro's engine compartment yet. I'm afraid to hose it off for fear of electrical damage. I am thinking some APC and VRT strategically applied. Did you hose off your motor?

Terri - I wipe down my engine bay with a damp (low grade) microfiber everytime I wash my car. This way I will literally never have to hose out the engine compartment - it takes 2 min after washing, and just a quick once over will keep it looking fantastic! I've done this for years on all of my vehicles and it keeps your engine bay in great shape. If the plastic starts dulling anywhere I use a 50/50 spray bottle of VRT to keep it looking its best! I asked ashley for an extra spray bottle on my last purchase so I could make a 50/50 mix.

How did you clean the engine bay? I haven't done my Camaro's engine compartment yet. I'm afraid to hose it off for fear of electrical damage. I am thinking some APC and VRT strategically applied. Did you hose off your motor?

Thank you!! :cheers:

No I did not. I did it just as you said. A little APC and VRT does magical things.

Archived